SSC CGL Tier III (Descriptive Paper) Essay - Role of Media in Democracy
Hope you all are doing well with your preparations! In this article, we bring you some amazing tricks on how to develop your descriptive skills for SSC CGL Tier III Descriptive exam. You can practice using different SSC CGL descriptive test model papers and sample papers. We will have discussion of a popular topic asked in the descriptive test and a very sensitive topic indeed! The topic is “Role of Media in Democracy”.
SSC CGL Mock Test - Attempt now!
SSC CGL Tier III (Descriptive Paper) Essay- Parts of an essay
Before moving on the essay, we should keep in mind those three parts of an essay:
- Introduction (should be around 40 words)
- Body (should be around 160 words)
- Conclusion (should be around 50 words)
A democracy is a government by the people, for the people and of the people- Abraham Lincoln.
Democracy is a government elected by people’s choice and in which people express their opinions freely. They can express their satisfaction for a fair decision and can also express solidarity against an unfair one. People have the right to elect their representatives by voting them. Media had come into existence in 1780 with the introduction of ‘Bengal Gazette ‘and has always played a major role in framing a healthy democracy.
Media plays a vital role in broadcasting social, economic and political activities which, in turn, causes awareness among the general masses. It has evolved as one of the most efficient means for interaction among people of different regions. Revealing truth is a risk- involving task and media acts like a reflecting mirror in this regard to bring the truth into limelight. Media units like newspapers, television and radio have contributed by creating awareness among people in rural and remote areas. The malpractices taking place in all sorts of areas are covered by media which encourage measures from govt. to rectify them. The politicians are tracked on regular basis via media sessions which makes them work as per claims and manifestos. Media provides a reliable platform for exposure of unchecked corruption and related activities to the world. We can point out so many examples like that of riots, community fights, crimes, youth depression, farmer suicidal cases, etc. On the contrary, media should not cover news for the mere sake of TRP but cover them for public welfare. Moreover, media also maintains a transparency between the general masses and the political world. It makes the views of common man reach the govt. and act in that direction.
On a concluding note, it can be said that involvement of media is highly essential. It broadcasts all the govt. policies for awareness of the common men. Media acts as the fourth pillar of the society which enables the common masses take wise decisions by enhancing their awareness. Media is all set to take democracy to new heights of success and we must be ready to welcome it.
SSC CGL Tier III (Descriptive Paper) Essay- Key points to remember
- As per the structure, this sample essay has been divided into three parts- Introduction, Body and Conclusion.
- In the 1st paragraph, introduce and address the issue, in the second paragraph give justifications and examples with regards to the topic and in conclusion, conclude in a persuasive manner.
- Vocabulary has to be all in all good but you can try keeping it simple. You can use great words whenever and wherever required to make it sound good.
- Before writing an essay, recall the key points you wish to highlight and jot them down roughly. Then incorporate them in the essay in a proper structure.
- For writing good, we need to read well. Read as many stuffs as you can which will increase your command over what you write.
- For vast topics, highlight the issues in general instead of going in depth.
- We suggest you to go through SSC CGL Tier 3 essay topics included in the SSC CGL descriptive paper syllabus.
The essay provided above is a SSC descriptive paper sample for your understanding. You need to write it in your own words keeping in mind that your essay has to be informative and content has to be unique. This article on SSC CGL Tier III (Descriptive Paper) will help you scoring high. All the best!