SSC CGL 2017 Official Notification PDF download – Check here SSC CGL 2017 notification Out.
SSC CGL 2017 Official Notification PDF download
SSC CGL 2017 Official Notification– Staff Selection Commission is all set to officially release the SSC CGL 2017 Recruitment Notification. After a period of unpredictable delay, finally the ‘most awaited’ notification is ready for SSC aspirants. Students preparing for SSC CGL can now sit along with a sigh of relief and prepare for the ‘D- Day’ as per SSC CGL exam pattern.
The SSC CGL Tier I exam is scheduled from 1st August 2017 to 20th August 2017 and will take place in different slots. The SSC GGL 2017 Notification will be released on 16th May 2017 on the official website of SSC. Meanwhile, we will keep you updated with all the latest updates around this event. We recommend all our candidates to go through this article on SSC CGL 2017 Notification and shape your career.
Highlights of SSC CGL 2017 Notification:
1) Important Dates:
- Closing Date: 16.06.2017
- Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): 01.08.2017-20.08.2017
- Date of Tier-II: 10.11.2017 & 11.11.2017
- Date of Tier-III (Descriptive): 21.01.2018
- Date of Tier-IV (Skill test)- Feb, 2018
2) Application Fee & Mode of Payment: Rs. 100 (One hundred only)
3) Mode of Examination:
The examination will be conducted in 4 tiers as mentioned:
Tier I – Computer Based Test
Tier II – Computer Based Test
Tier III – Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi : Writing of Essays/Precie/Letter/Applications etc.)
Tier IV – Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification will also be conducted as per the provisions of the notice of examination.
4) Scheme of Examination:
Tier I –
- General Intelligence Reasoning – 25 Questions, 50 marks
- General Awareness – 25 Questions, 50 Marks
- Quantitative Aptitude – 25 Questions, 50 Marks
- English Comprehension – 25 Questions, 50 Marks
*Total – 200 marks.
Time – 60 Minutes (Total) For VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 80 Minutes
Tier II –
- Quantitative Abilities: (100 Questions), 200 Marks
- English Language & Comprehension: (200 questions), 200 Marks
- Statistics: (100 Questions) Paper-I & II as above, 200 Marks
- General Studies (Finance and Economics): (100 Questions) Paper-I & II as above, 200 Marks
*120 Minutes (Total) For VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 160 Minutes
Tier III –
Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (writing of Essays/Precie/Letter/Applications etc.), Total marks 100
*60 minutes For VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 80 Minutes
SSC CGL 2017 Recruitment- Exam Pattern
As per the SSC CGL 2017 exam pattern, the SSC CGL 2017 exam will consist of four tiers-
Tier I- Objective test (MCQ)
Number of questions
Tier II- Objective test (MCQ)
|Paper I||Quantitative Aptitude||100||200||2 Hours|
|Paper II||English Language
|Paper III||Statistics/Assistant Audit||100||200||2 Hours|
Tier III- Descriptive paper
This will be a descriptive test of 100 marks and it will be conducted in pen and paper mode. The total time duration of this test will be of 60 minutes.
Tier IV- Data Entry Skill (DEST)/ Computer Proficiency test
The SSC CGL Tier-IV of SSC CGL exam will be a Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)/Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) and will be qualifying in nature. DEST test is for the post of Tax Assistant only.
SSC CGL 2017 Notification- Important Dates
As per the SSC CGL 2017 notification, following are the dates for SSC CGL exam-
|Online Application- Starting Date||16th May 2017|
|Online Application- Last Date||16th June 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam||1st August 2017 to
20th August 2017
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam
|SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam
|21st January 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam
SSC CGL Notification 2017- Eligibility Criteria
The SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria is decided in two different parameters-
- Age limit
- Educational Qualification
|Maxi. 32 years|
|Assistant in CSS||20 – 30 years|
|Assistant in IB||21 – 30 years|
Officer / SI in CBI / SI
|SI in Central Bureau
|20 – 30 years|
|All Other posts||18 – 27 years|
(A) For the post of Compiler – The candidate must have completed his/ her graduation in stream of Economics/Statistics/Mathematics as a compulsory subject or Elective subject.
(B) For the post of Statistical Investigator Grade – II – The candidate must have completed his/ her Bachelor’s Degree in any stream from a recognised University with at least 60% marks in Mathematics at class 12th level
Bachelor’s Degree in any stream with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
(C) For all other posts- The candidate must have completed his/ her Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University.
We will update you any latest information on SSC CGL 2017 vacancies as soon as we come across any.
SSC CGL 2017 Official Notification pdf download- How to Apply?
Look at the detail step- by- step procedure of SSC CGL 2017 Application. We recommend you to go through the steps and follow them-
- Visit the corresponding official regional website of SSC.
- Click on the button which says new registration & fill in the necessary details.
- After completion of registration, you will receive a registration number & password. Save the registration number and password for use.
- After completion of the above process, complete your registration process by entering your qualification details, uploading your photo & signature.
- Make you payment of the application fees and complete the registration process.
- Your copy of SSC CGL 2017 Application Form is filled now and is ready to go!
SSC CGL Notification 2017- SSC CGL Admit Cards 2017
The SSC CGL admit cards will be issued as soon as the dates for SSC CGL exam are officially declared. The SSC CGL Tier I admit card is expected to be officially released somewhere around 2nd week of June 2017 (expected). As soon as SSC CGL Call letter 2017 for Tier I are released, we will share with you the direct link for downloading the admit cards. While downloading your copy of SSC CGL Admit Card 2017, please keep the following in mind-
- In order to download your copy of SSC CGL Admit Card, you will always need your registration number. So, we suggest you to keep your Registration No. safe with you.
- The admit cards can be downloaded only from the respective regional website of SSC. So, make sure you go to the regional website of your state and not to the main official website.
- Make sure all your details are correct after you download your admit card. In case you face any sort of discrepancy, you need to contact the Regional SSC Office immediately.
SSC CGL 2017 Official Notification pdf download – SSC CGL Tier II Admit Cards
The candidates who will be able to qualify in the SSC CGL Tier I exam will only be able to sit for the SSC CGL Tier II exam. As the SSC CGL Tier II exams are scheduled around 10th and 11th November 2017 (tentative dates), theSSC CGL Tier II admit cards can be downloaded from last week of August (expected). We will notify you as soon as any official notifications are released regarding this.
SSC CGL Notification 2017- SSC CGL Online Preparation
It’s never too late to start preparing for an exam like SSC CGL. As a CGL aspirant, you must start preparing withSSC CGL mock tests. Make sure you select mock tests which are designed as per the latest SSC CGL exam pattern and syllabus. You can keep your practice session switching between sectional mock tests and full- length mock tests. Also, look for SSC CGL previous year papers and SSC CGL sample papers to get acquainted with pattern.
Stay tuned for more updates on SSC CGL 2017 Official Notification pdf download. All the best