Last Minute Preparation Tips for SSC CGL Tier 3 English Descriptive Paper
SSC organizes Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam for the recruitment of eligible candidates for posts under different departments in the various Ministries, Departments and Subordinate Offices. SSC has introduced a new paper Tier-III which is a descriptive test to check the writing skills of the candidate. Earlier, SSC conducted interview instead of Tier-III. Now, the interview will held for those who qualify the tier 3 exam.
The tier 3 date is announced by the commission and is scheduled to be held on 19th March 2017. In this article we present valuable tips for the preparation of English in SSC CGL Tier 3 examination.
Since, this is a new paper introduced, most aspirants are apprehensive about the paper and how to go about the preparation.
Before we proceed , let us understand the SSC CGL Tier 3 exam pattern.
Mode of Paper
SSC CGL tier III
Descriptive Paper in Pen and Paper mode
(For VH/Differenlt abled 80 Minutes)
The topics to prepare for SSC CGL Tier 3 exam 2016-17:
- Essay Writing
- Application Writing
- Precis Writing
- Letter Writing
Tips for SSC CGL Tier 3 Essay Writing:
Read Newspaper Daily
Newspaper is the best source for gathering current affairs ,GK and information. Subscribe to ant of the popular newspapers like The Hindu, Times of India etc. , and try to understand the style of writing, usage of grammar and how to use proper words.
Improve your Vocabulary
Sometimes we run out of words or we miss the right words to use. Hence, it is very important to develop a rich vocabulary. Make it a habit to read Newpapers, Magazines, Novels etc. , and try to keep a dictionary (Oxford dictionary) with you. Note down the news word along with its meaning.
Practice Writing Essays
Write Essay on contemporary topics. Try to get as many topics as possible.
After you write the essay, review it for spelling and grammar mistakes.
Tips for Precis Writing:
Follow here Effective tips for Precis writing
- Read the passage slowly and understand.
- Decide the main heading/ theme of passage.
- Size of the precise should be less than the original paragraph.(Around 1/3rd of Original Para)
- Try to use synonyms of words wherever suitable.
- Write the meaning and message of paragraph in your own word.
Tips for Letter/Application Writing:
- The most important thing in letter writing is its format so you should know the proper format of both.
There are six important parts to all letters. They are:
(c) Body of the letter (d)Subscription
(f) Superscription on the envelope
- Introductory paragraph, main body and closing body should be in appropriate order as it will play a major role.
- Avoid rewriting and cutting in letter/application writing as it will cast a negative impact on the examiner.
- Practice on important topics in each type of letter.
- Practice both formal and informal letters.
Focus on practice and evaluation during the last minute. Try to gather as many new words as possible and use them in your writing.
Follow the above mentioned Preparation Tips to master the English descriptive paper SSC CGL Tier 3 examination.
All the Best!
TopRankers Online Test-Series