SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern – Check the latest SSC Stenographer exam pattern here.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
Staff Selection Commission holds the Stenographer exam for recruitment to Grade C and D posts. As the notification was published on 22nd October 2018, candidates can apply for the same till 9th November 2018. The eligibility criteria for this post is minimal. You need to clear only 12th Standard examination to write this exam. So, this is a very good opportunity for you to try and grab a govt. job. Your selection to the post will depend upon your performance in the two phases of the exam. The first phase is the Computer-Based Exam and the next phase is the Skill Test. Only if you qualify the first round, you will be called for the next round. To prepare for this post, the first step is to go through the latest SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern. We have provided the same below.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern:
⇒Computer Based Test
All the questions are of objective nature. And there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong attempt. You can take all the sections but English Language in either English or Hindi.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|Reasoning Ability||50||50||2 hours in total|
- A dictation will be given in 10 minutes. For Grade C posts, your typing speed should be 100 words per minute. And for Grade D posts, your speed should be 80 words per minute.
- You need to transcribe the dictation on the Computer. For Grade C posts, you will get 50 minutes to complete it (65 minutes for Hindi). And for Grade D posts, you will get 40 minutes to complete (55 minutes for Hindi).
SSC Stenographer Preparation Tips:
- The first step is to check the latest exam pattern in detail.
- Also, go through the complete syllabus.
- The next step will be to collect standard and quality study material. Random books won’t boost your preparation.
- Practice is the key factor for Reasoning Ability section.
- Read newspaper daily and yearbooks to ace General Awareness section. You can also install a news App to stay up-to-date with the latest events.
- Reading will also help you in the English Language section. Read the Hindu to improve your vocabulary as well as communication skills.
- Try to speak with friends and family in English as much as possible.
- Have proper rest and nutrition to keep your mind and body at its maximum potential.
SSC Stenographer Recommended Books:
- Thorpe, E. – Test of Reasoning (Pearson)
- Prakashan, K. – Kiran’s Tricky Approach to Competitive Reasoning (Kiran Prakashan)
- Manorama Year Book
- Lucent’s General Edition
- Lewis, N. – Word Power Made Easy (Penguin)
- Wren & Martin – High School Grammar & Composition (S. Chand)
- Aggarwal, R.S., Aggarwal, V. – Objective General English (S. Chand)
- Thorpe, E. – Objective English (Pearson)
So, tell us, did you find our post on SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern helpful? Then, keep visiting us regularly for more exam pattern updates.