The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is going to conduct the 2nd stage CBT (Computer Based Test) i.e. RRB NTPC 2nd Stage Mains 2017 exam. Candidates equal to 15 times the available vacancies will be shortlisted for 2nd stage CBT of RRB NTPC.
The final selection will be merely based on the merit obtained by a candidate in the RRB NTPC 2nd Stage CBT 2017 or/ and Aptitude Test/ Typing test results. Mark normalization will be based on extant rules of both 1st stage and 2nd stage CBT of RRB NTPC.
RRB NTPC Stage 2 Mains Exam Mock test - Take test now!
RRB NTPC Stage 2 Mains: Exam Pattern
The pattern of RRB NTPC 2nd stage CBT 2017 is as follows:
Number of Questions
Numerical Ability/ Arithmetic Ability
General Intelligence and Reasoning
Note: Time duration of the exam will be of 90 minutes.
What are the tips to crack ‘General Awareness’ section of the RRB NTPC 2nd stage CBT as it is one of the most unpredictable sections of all? Let us take you through the some of the incredible tips to crack ‘General Awareness’ section in RRB NTPC Stage 2 Mains:
Let us first figure out what are the important topics of ‘General Awareness’ section in RRB NTPC Stage 2 Mains:
- Geography and related concepts
- Current Affairs
- Authors and Books
- Economics and related concepts
- Budget and related events
- Indian and related History of India
- Indian Railways and related news
- Class 10th concepts: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Environment, Computer fundamentals (MS Office basics, Hardware and software, Computer related terminology etc.)
Now, it’s time for some tips to crack ‘General Awareness’ section in RRB NTPC Stage 2 Mains:
- This section basically tests a candidate’s “General Awareness”.
- This is a section where the questions are asked from many topics.
- This section must be solved in a very short time span i.e. max 12- 15 mins. More time than this should not be taken.
- Topics like Polity, History and Geography should be more focused on. These topics dominate the paper on a whole.
- Make a note of all the national and international recent events both.
- Go through newspapers on a regularly basis, read articles, magazines and watch news regularly.
- Go through the question papers of different years and get an idea of what is asked. Mock tests will help you keep a track of how many questions you are able to answer.
RRB NTPC Stage 2 Mains 2017: Books to be followed
Given below are some of the books which you can follow:
- General Science & General knowledge - Lucent publication books
- India Paperback by Publication Division
- Manorama Yearbook
- Banking Awareness (Objective with Subjective) by Sangram Keshari Rout
- General Knowledge by Lucent
RRB NTPC Stage 2 Mains 2017: GK Questions Asked in previous years
- Which is the longest train route in the world-Moscow(Russia) to Vladivostok(Russia)
- The railway budget maximum time was represented by- Babu Jagjivan Ram
- Which is the slowest train in India- Nilgiri Express
- When did Indian train got toilets- 1891
- Which is the shortest distance between two successive station- 3km(Nagpur and Ajni station)
- When did the first Rajdhani train start- 1 march 1969
- When did Duronto Express train start- 2009 (Sealdah to New Delhi)
- Which is the longest railway tunnel in India-Pir Panjal railway tunnel
- Who designed the world’s first railway timetables by- George Bradshaw
We hope that this article is helpful. Stay tuned for more updates. Best wishes from Toprankers!
TopRankers Online Test-Series
- SSC CHSL Test Series
- RRB NTPC Test Series
- IBPS SO Test Series
- RBI Assistant Mock Test 2016
- NIACL AO Mains Mock Tests
- UP Police SI Mock Test
- IPPB Officer Test Series