Indian Post Payments Bank (IPPB) is ready to conduct the ‘Indian Post Payments Bank Online Examination’ Prelims. This examination is a big opportunity for the banking aspirants at the Indian Post Payments Bank. IPPB has announced vacancies of 650 and the bank seeks determined and capable individuals to work with.
The IPPB Officer Scale 1 (Assistant Manager) 2016 Prelims examination is scheduled to be conducted on 7th and 8th January 2016. Every IPPB aspirant is busy with his/ her preparation to crack the exam.
IPPB Officer Scale 1 (Assistant Manager) Prelims 2016: Exam Pattern
Let us take a look at the exam pattern of IPPB Officer Scale 1 (Assistant Manager) 2016:
Name of the section
Note: The time duration of the examination will be of 1 hour. The number of questions asked from English Language are 30 and from Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude are 35. Hence, the total number of questions will be 100 questions.
IPPB Officer Scale 1 (Assistant Manager) Prelims 2016: Section – wise preparation
Please note that candidates need to qualify the sectional cut- off marks as decided by IPPB. Hence, we bring you the important topics and syllabus from every section. We suggest you not to prepare topics apart from these and concentrate on those topics largely.
- Please make sure you practice questions from different sources. When you do so, you will get familiar with variety and it will enhance your performance.
- The habit of practising is a must. If you practice, you will end up enhancing your accuracy and help you score well.
- Apply short cut tricks to solve questions. This approach will help you solve fast in less amount of time.
- Never go for the business of “Guessing”. You will suffer with negative marking if your answer is wrong. Attempt questions only if you are sure.
Important Topics for Reasoning:
- Direction sense
- Alphanumeric series
- Input / Output Questions
- Seating Arrangements
- Blood Relations
- Causes and Effects
- Statements and Assumptions
- Coding and Decoding
- Data Sufficiency
- Build and brush up your basics. Basics and fundamentals are highly essential to score in this section.
- Keep practising as many questions as you can. Make sure you solve every variety of question.
- Remember and apply formulae as per necessity.
- Learn new shortcuts to solve the questions. This way is faster and accurate as compared to ‘lengthy’ way of solving.
Important Topics for Quantitative Aptitude:
- Mixture & Allegations
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Work & Time
- Profit & Loss
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Data Interpretation (focus on Table, Line graph, Caselets, Pie chart and Bar chart)
- Number Series (Figure out the wrong in this series)
- Pipes and Cistern
- Permutations and Combinations
- Quadratic Equations
- Problems on boats and Streams
- Ratio & Proportion
- Age problems
- Data comparison
- Data Sufficiency
- Try reading a newspaper on every day basis. This habit will enhance your written and spoken English skills.
- Build you vocabulary by learning new words and use them on every day basis.
- Practice model test papers and sample papers to intensify your performance.
- Practice Reading Comprehension questions as they are lengthy. They are the most time consuming ones.
Important Topics for English Language:
- Error Spotting
- Correction of Sentences
- Replacement of Phrases
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Fill in the Blanks
IPPB Officer Scale 1 (Assistant Manager) Prelims 2016: Preparation Tips
- Understand the pattern and practice.
- Know the syllabus and the important topics. Focus on them while preparation.
- Choose the section you are strong in and start.
- Once done with the above topics, move on to the weak areas and work hard.
- Inculcate a habit of practising regularly.
- Maintain balance between all the sections. Don’t skip or neglect any of them.
- Develop self-confidence and hope for the best.
Recommended Books for IPPB Exam Preparation
Here is a short and crisp list of Best Books for IPPB Officer Scale 1 (Assistant MAnager) Exam 2016 Preparation.
Quantitative Aptitude books for IPPB Exam Preparation:
Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
Reasoning books for IPPB Exam Preparation:
A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarawal
A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwali
English books for IPPB Exam Preparation:
English (From Plinth to Paramount) by Neetu Singh
Objective General English by SP Bakshi
We hope that this article will help you boost your preparation for IPPB Officer Scale 1 (Assistant Manager) Prelims 2016. Keep learning!