Bank of Maharashtra Security Officers Recruitment 2017 – Check details and Apply
Bank of Maharashtra Security Officers Recruitment 2017
Bank of Maharashtra has started recruiting Security Officers and the number of vacancies is 13. Bank of Maharashtra, with a network of more than 1897 branches in India enjoys the presence in all states and 4 Union Territories. In this article, you can find all the important details related to the recruitment.
(MMGS- II) stands for Middle Management Grade Scale- II, and the selected candidates will be appointed as Security officers.
Important Dates to Remember
|Online Application Starts||August 12, 2017|
|Last Date of Online Application||September 2, 2017|
|Last Date for Receipt of Hard Copy of Online Application||September 12, 2017|
Details of Vacancies and Reservation
No. of Vacancies
|Manager (MMGS-II) Security officer||25- 40 years||SC||ST||OBC||UR||Total|
1. The above number of vacancies may vary according to the actual requirement of the bank
2. The selected candidates will be posted anywhere in India, depending on the requirement of the bank.
3. The candidates discharged/will be discharged from services on or before 30.09.2017 are only eligible to apply for these posts.
Bank of Maharashtra Eligibility Criteria
- Qualification: Graduation in any discipline from a University recognized by the Government of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by Central Government.
- Experience: An Officer with 5 years of commissioned Service in Army/Navy/Air Force and not below the rank of Captain or equivalent or an officer not below the rank of Asst. Commandant in Para Military Forces or police officer not below the rank of Asst. Superintendent of police/Dy. Superintendent of police with 5 years experience.
- Computer Knowledge: Working Knowledge of computer systems shall be essential qualification, which the candidate must either possess or acquire within 6 months from the date of joining the Bank.
- Monitoring Security and Fire Safety of the Bank, cooperating with Police & other security Officials, Training Armed Guards etc.
- Work related to development and security arrangements in case of need and allied activities.
Probation and Service Bond
|Amount in Rs.||Minimum Service Period|
|MMGS- II||24 months||2.00 Lakhs||2 years|
The confirmation of newly recruited security officer will be subject to satisfactory completion of the given probation period.
|1||OBC/ General (Application fee + Intimation Charges)||Rs. 600/-|
|2||SC/ST/PWD (Intimation Charges only)||Rs. 100/-|
Selection Procedure for BOM Recruitment
- Selection undergoes a three stage process
- Selected candidates will be called for a group discussion.
- The GD will be of 20 marks
- Once you qualify the GD round, you will go for Personal Interview (PI)
- The Personal Interview carries 100 marks
- You need to bag at least 50 marks to clear the Personal Interview. However, for candidates coming under SC/ST/OBC category will need 45 marks.
- The selected candidates will be informed through email/sms from Bank of Maharashtra itself.
Application Procedure of BOM
1. Candidates need to visit the Bank’s website www.bankofmaharashtra.in and click the ‘RECRUITMENT’ to open the link “Online application for recruitment of “Security officers” and then click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
2. Choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and e-mail id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Note it down carefully. An Email & SMS will be also sent to you regarding the same.
3. Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the Validate your details’ and ‘Proceed’ button
4. Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
5. Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
6. Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
Guidelines for Scanning the Photograph and Signature
- Photograph must be a recent passport size photo
- If you have to use flash, ensure there is no “red-eye”
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 20kb- 50 kb
- the size of the scanned image should not be more than 50KB
- The candidate need to sign on white paper with black ink pen
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 10kb-20kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20KB
Scanning the Photograph and Signature
1. Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
2. Set color to true color
3. Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size. The image file should be JPG or JPEG format.
4. If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
5. While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate should fill in all his details on Page 1. After verifying that the details he has filled in are correct and clicking on the ‘Submit / Next’ button a link will he provided on Page 2 of the online application form to upload his photograph and signature.
Procedure to upload Photograph and Signature
1. There will be two separate links for uploading photograph and signature.
2. Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph I Signature”
3. Browse & Select the location where the Scanned Photo / Signature file has been saved.
4. Select the file by clicking it
5. Click the upload button
Salary (Pay Scale)
Pay Scale: Rs. 31705 -1145/1-32850 -1310/10 – 45950 as per revised scales.
Salary – Rs. 31705 – Rs. 45950/-
Official Notification Link
Candidates can find below the official link to get a better insight about the examination.
Hope all the above mentioned details will help you to understand all the required details of the Bank of Maharashtra Security Officer Recruitment.
All the best!