Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is about to conduct the Mains examination on 30th November 2019. IBPS PO Recruitment 2019 is looking to fill 4336 vacancies. The IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis 2019 will provide a comprehensive review of both the online & descriptive exam, difficulty level & expected cut off for the mains test.
- IBPS PO Mains Cut Off for mains exam is expected to be 77 for general category students only.
- The online objective test will be conducted for 3 hours while the offline Descriptive test will be conducted for 30 minutes.
- As per the previous year IBPS PO Paper Analysis for Mains test, the exam is expected to be Moderate to Tough in terms of difficulty.
- The IBPS PO Marks Normalization will re-calculate candidates score to make the Result marks fair for all candidates
IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis 2019
The review for the Mains test will be updated once the first shift is over. Keep tabs of this post to know more about the mains exam.
- Marks scored in the Mains test will be considered for final selection.
- Candidates will have to clear the Sectional Cut Off as well as the overall cut off to enter the next stage of the exam.
- IBPS PO Mains Analysis will give an insight about the cut off marks.
- Go through the IBPS PO Preparation Tips for mains test to form the right strategy for the test.
- As each shift gets over, we will update the IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis 2019 in this post.
IBPS PO Mains Paper Analysis 2019 for Shift 1
Here is the overall IBPS PO Mains Analysis. Go through the below table to know the overall difficulty level and the number of good attempts.
- As per the review received by students, the overall difficulty level fo the paper was Moderate to Difficult
- 10-15 questions appeared from Banking Awareness
- 6-7 questions from Logical Reasoning was asked
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Difficulty Level||Number of Good Attempts|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||35||60||Easy to Moderate||28-32|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||45||60||Moderate||30-35|
|General Awareness||40||40||Easy to Moderate||30-34|
|Descriptive Test (English Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||Moderate|
IBPS PO Shift 1 Analysis 2019
IBPS PO Descriptive Analysis
- Social Media Influence,
- Ethical Banking,
- Write a letter to your bank’s branch manager informing him that your EMI installment of Rs. 3000 has been deducted instead of Rs. 2000. Request him to take the necessary action to roll back the transaction or adjust the amount.
- Write a letter to the Road Transport Authority expressing your concern over the usage of high beam LED lights in bikes and cars
- Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper expressing your concern on the state of elderly living alone by themselves. Request the government to take some initiatives to help the senior citizens living alone.
Questions Asked in the English Language
- Error Detection - 3-4 questions
- Cloze test based on Grammar
- 5 questions from Rearrangement
- RC based on Economy, Budget, GDP
- Para jumbles (error detection)
Questions asked in Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Questions from DI (Pie Chart and Bar Graph)
- Probability-Based Caselet
- Puzzle Based Caselet
- Time & Work-Based Question
- Comparison based Number Series
- Bar Graph DI
Questions Asked in Reasoning
- Floor Based and Box based questions
- Coding & Decoding - 3 questions
- Direction Based Problem
- Circular based Seating Arrangement Puzzle (7 people based)
- Machine Input & Output Questions
Questions Asked in General Awareness
- Current Affairs questions from November month and July month
- There were more of Banking Awareness Questions than Current Affairs
- Question on Economy Survey
1. What is the theme of the World Day for Audiovisual Heritage 2019?
Ans: "Engage the Past Through Sound and Images"
2. Which actor unveiled the ICC World Cup Cup trophies for the men's and women's tournament at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)?
Ans: Kareena Kapoor
3. Which is the first central government healthcare center to have a robotic surgery facility?
Ans: Safdarjung Hospital
4. Which institute has made the first-ever Indian Brain Atlas (IBA)?
Ans: International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Hyderabad
5. Vikram Solar based in which city?
6. Who is the author of the book “The Unquiet River: A Biography of the Brahmaputra”?
Ans: Arupjyoti Saikia
7. Srei Equipment Finance Ltd partnered with which bank to provide loans to MSMEs Sector?
Ans: United Bank of India (UBI)
8. How many countries have signed the International Solar Alliance (ISA) framework?
9. Which organization presented the Mother Teresa Memorial Award 2019 for social justice?
Ans: Harmony Foundation
10. Which company signed a Memorandum of understanding (MoU) with NTPC Limited and The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)?
Ans: Siemens Limited
11. Hyderabad has been announced as ‘Creative City’ by UNESCO for?
12. In which state the Asian Development Bank (ADB) will provide USD 451 mn loan to strengthen power connectivity of CKIC?
Ans: Tamil Nadu
13. India and ADB (Asian Development Bank) signed a 200-million dollar loan agreement for upgrading roads in which state?
14. Who has become the first state in the country to get the law on contract farming?
Ans: Tamil Nadu
15. As per the National Health Profile (NHP) 2019, what percentage of GDP of India is spent on public expenditure on health?
16. Which state government has launched the ABADHA scheme?
17. Recipient of the 2018 Vyas Samman wrote 'Jitane Log Utane Prem' poem?
Ans: Liladhar Jagudi
18. Who has become the first Indian to win the Italian Golden Sand Art Award, 2019?
Ans: Sudarsan Pattnaik
19. Where is the headquarter of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank?
20. Who has been appointed as the 47th Chief Justice of India (CJI) of India?
Ans: Sharad Arvind Bobde
21. Baroda FASTag is based on which technology?
Ans: Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology
22. MD & CEO of Indian Overseas Bank Karnam Sekar was the former MD and CEO of which bank?
Ans: Dena Bank
23. Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) set up, owned and operated by non-bank entities are called ___
Ans: "White Label ATMs" (WLAs)
24. Which bank has launched a new Fixed Deposit (FD) scheme - FD Health?
Ans: ICICI Bank
25. sbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card is based on which technology?
Ans: Near Field Communication (NFC) Contactless Technology
26. RBI approves the merger of 13 District Cooperative Banks with state cooperative banks of which state?
27. Global Alumni Endowment Fund has been launched by which institute?
Ans: IIT Delhi
28. The government announced to set up an alternative investment fund (AIF) worth Rs 25,000 crore for__.
Ans: Housing Sector
29. Bharosa Saving Accounts is launched by which Payments Bank?
Ans: Airtel Payments Bank
30. The Central Bureau of Health Intelligence (CBHI) prepared the Report of __.
Ans: National Health Profile
31. The CIBIL Score containing how many digits?
Ans: Three (The CIBIL Score is a 3-digit number ranging from 300-900).
32. Which resolution scheme was launched to solve the NPA problem through a market-led approach?
Ans: Project Sashakt
33. Indian Railways’ which zone conducted ‘Operation Dhanush’against ticket touts involved in e-ticketing?
Ans: Central Railway zone
34. Who is the Chairman of the high-level panel to suggest possible structures and regulations for creating 'social stock exchanges' formed by SEBI?
Ans: Ishaat Husain
What is Next After IBPS PO Mains Exam 2019?
- The Result for the mains test will be declared in December 2019.
- Selected candidates that clear the Mains exam will be called for a face to face interview in the month of February 2020.
- Final Appointment of candidates will be based on the marks achieved in the Mains Exam + Interview.
- The Provisional allotment for selected candidates will be done in April 2020.
IBPS PO Mains Shift Timings 2019
The Mains exam for Probationary officer recruitment will be conducted in 2 shifts on 30th November 2019. Candidates are suggested to go through the IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis to know about difficulty level of the paper.
More information about the shift timings will be updated when the week before the mains test.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern 2019
The IBPS PO Mains Analysis will give an idea about the Good Attempts in each section of the exam. Mains exam will be conducted on Onlne and Offline.
The exam pattern for the mains online test has been displayed in the table below:-
|Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General Economy & Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
The exam pattern for the offline test will be based on the following pattern
|Descriptive Test||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||30 Minutes|