IBPS PO Mains Preparation Tips – Find the preparation tips and strategies and know how to crack the IBPS PO Mains exam 2018. Get here all information on the important topics and plan your move with the useful tricks.
IBPS PO Mains Preparation Tips 2018
IBPS PO Prelims exams are over and results are expected to be released soon. We are sure that you have performed well and hence should continue your hard work for the upcoming IBPS PO 2018 Mains exam. The scheduled IBPS PO Mains Exam Date is 18th November 2018. You can get here all the guidance on the preparation strategy for the exam.
We all know that the IBPS PO is being conducted in 3 phases:
While the Prelims exam is qualifying in nature, the marks obtained in Mains Exam shall be deciding the Final Selection list. Hence you should pour all your efforts to get yourself placed in the Mains merit list. Follow the given IBPS PO Mains Preparation Tips to get yourself ready for exam.
The IBPS PO Mains examination will consist of the following sections:
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Reasoning and Computer Knowledge
- General Awareness
IBPS PO Mains 2018: Pattern
Let us take a look at the pattern of IBPS PO Mains 2018:
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Knowledge||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|Descriptive Paper (Essay & Letter Writing)||2||25||30 minutes|
IBPS PO Mains: Highlights
- The duration of the objective exam and descriptive exam will be of 180 minutes and 30 minutes, respectively.
- There will be 155 questions of 200 mark.
- A negative marking of 0.25 marks will be applicable for incorrect responses.
You can also have a look at the previous year IBPS PO Cut off Marks to estimate how much you need to score to clear the exam successfully.
IBPS PO Mains: Important Areas to focus
Let us go through some of the important areas from each section which the students need to focus on:
|English Language||Data Analysis and Interpretation||Reasoning and Computer Knowledge||General Awareness|
|Reading Comprehension||Data Interpretation||Logical Reasoning||Current Affairs of last 6 months|
|Cloze Test||Profit & Loss||Alphanumeric Series||Basics of Banking Awareness|
|Para jumbles||Mixtures & Allegations||Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test, Coding-Decoding||Overview of Indian Banking system and knowledge of Different banks|
|Miscellaneous||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Data Sufficiency, Syllogism||Latest Reviewed monetary policies and banking terms|
|Fill in the blanks||Work & Time||Coded Inequalities||Important government Schemes on Capital and money market.|
|Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Time & Distance||Seating Arrangement, Input Output||Bank headquarters and Head Offices|
|Paragraph Completion||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Puzzle, Blood Relations|
|Data Interpretation||Basics of Computer, History|
|Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Abbreviations and Shortcuts|
|Number Systems||MS office|
|Sequence & Series||Computer hardware|
|Permutation, Combination &Probability||Basics of Networking|
IBPS PO Mains 2018: Tips to crack the exam
- First of all Prepare according to a fixed strategy. Don’t prepare randomly as it will not give you enough scope to prepare all the sections properly.
- Focus on the areas which you are weak in. Practice questions from different standard books like R. D. Sharma.
- Learn to choose between questions such that you can answer the maximum number of questions successfully within the given sectional timing.
- For the English Descriptive section, keep practice of writing letters and paragraphs on latest topics.
- Make habit of reading newspapers and banking magazines to keep yourself aware of the different banking current affairs and government rates. You can follow our Free Daily GK Capsule to know about all latest important events.
- You can also solve IBPS PO Previous year question papers to understand the type of questions. Do not forget to keep an eye on the timer while solving.
- Try to manage your time efficiently. Time management is one of the most essential tools to be successful in any exam.
- Keep Practicing IBPS PO Mains Mock Tests for a constant watch on the preparation status.
- Don’t panic in the examination hall. Be relaxed, breathe deep, and solve the paper.
- Be confident. Because self-confidence is the ultimate ladder to success.
We hope that this article on IBPS PO Mains Preparation Tips 2018 was helpful to you. You can also share your views and ideas in the comments section below. Stay tuned for more updates and job notifications. Till then, keep learning!