The Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) has released notifications for recruitment of under Specialist Officers (IT Officer (Scale I)) for the year 2017. The process of application started on the date of 16th November 2016 and the application process came to an end on 2nd December 2016. The recruitment process will comprise of two stages respectively.
Stage 1- Written Test
Stage 2- Interview
The tentative dates of written exam of IBPS SO 2017 is scheduled on 28th January and 29th January 2017 (tentative). The e-admit card for IBPS CWE Specialist officer is expected to be released after January 16, 2017. The results of IBPS SO recruitment 2017 is expected to be declared by 16th February 2017. The candidates who will manage to clear the written test will be called for the interview round.
IBPS SO (IT Officer (Scale I)) 2017: Highlights of the Exam:
- Post/ Designation: IT Officer (Scale I)
- Conducting Body/ Authority: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
- Number of Banks Participating: 20 Banks
IBPS SO (IT Officer (Scale I)) 2017: Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should be in between the age of 20 to 30 years.
- He/ She should have a Degree or Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Information Technology/ Electronics/ Electronics & Telecommunications/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation.
IBPS SO (IT Officer (Scale I)) 2017: Exam Pattern
What is the pattern of IBPS SO 2017 exam IT Officer Scale I? Here we go:
No. of Questions
SO Reasoning Paper
SO English Language Paper
SO Quantitative Aptitude Paper
SO Professional Knowledge Paper
Note: The total time duration is 120 minutes.
IBPS SO (IT Officer (Scale I)) 2017: Syllabus and Important Topics
What are the important topics for the IBPS SO (IT Officer (Scale I)) 2017? The syllabus and important topics of IBPS SO (IT Officer (Scale I)) 2017 are as follows:
- This is the ‘trickiest’ sections of all.
- Read the questions carefully as the questions will have the logic in them which will direct you towards the solution.
- Use shortcut tricks and remember the formulae to solve the questions.
- The topics asked from this section are:
- Mathematical Operations
- Data Sufficiency
- Cubes and Dice
- Clocks & Calendars
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Blood Relation
- Puzzle Test
- Direction Sense
- Logical Venn Diagrams
- Alpha Numeric Sequence Test
- Eligibility Test
- Linear & Circular Arrangements
- Series test
- Odd figures
- The ‘English Language’ section, if practised very well, can be mastered and can be a ‘good scoring’ section.
- In case of reading comprehension questions, find the answers from the questions itself.
- The important topics asked from this section are:
- Spotting the errors
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence Completion
- Word Formation
- Detection of theme
- Completion of Passage
- Passage Rearrangement
- Framing of sentences
- Active-Passive Voice
- Indirect-Direct Speech
- Phrases and Idioms.
- Quantitative Aptitude is one of the tough sections as far as the topics asked are concerned.
- Proper practice can make this section easy to attempt.
- The topics asked in this section are:
- Pie Charts, Bar Graphs and Line Graphs
- HCL & LCM
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Work
- Number System
- Boats & Streams
- Pipes & Cisterns
- Problems on Ages
- Time & Distance
- Problems on trains
- Stocks & Shares
- Decimal & Fractions
- Ratio & Proportions
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Volume & Surface Area
- Permutations & Combinations
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Heights & Distance Relationships
Database Management System:
- File Based Data Management
- Database systems –Uses and Advantages
- Dictionary of data
- DBMS (Data Base Management System)
- Concepts of ‘Three Level Architecture’
- Data warehousing and Data Mining
- Client/Server Technology
- Concepts of Relational Structure
- Keys: Candidate Key, Primary Key, Foreign Key, Super Keys, Unique Keys.
- Data Constraints
- Database Administration
- Introduction and Advantages of SQL
- Queries using Group by and Order by clause & Join
- Operators: Logical, Value, Syntax and Query expression operators
- Snapshots: Creation, Alteration and Dropping of a Snapshot.
- Introduction to PL/SQL: Syntax, Block Structure, Fundamentals and Advantages of PL/SQL.
- Control Structure: (Conditional, Iterative, Sequential)
- Exception handling: (Predefined, User defined)
- Cursors: (Implicit and Explicit)
- Functions: (Advantages, Creation, Execution and Deletion)
- Database Triggers: Usage, Applications, Types, Syntax and Deletion.
Data Communication and Networking:
- Data Communication
- Types of Network- Internet – Intranet- LAN – MAN – WAN – CAN – HAN, Client-Server, Peer- To- Peer Networks.
- Transmission Media: Optical Fibre, Radio waves, Infrared, LOS, VSAT, Cabling
- Network devices: Switches, Routers (Wired and Wireless) and Gateways.
- Network Models
- Data Link Layer
- Network Layer
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
- Network Security
- System Programs and Operating Systems, Buffering and Spooling
- Operating Systems and types.
- File concepts and access methods
- Process: Concept, Process Control Blocks (PCB), Scheduling criteria Pre-emptive & non Pre-emptive process scheduling, scheduling algorithms etc.
- Distributed Operating System
- Security and Threats protection
- Software Product and Software Process Models
- Software Process customization
- Software Design and User Interface Design
- Function-oriented Design Architectural Design and Design Metrics.
- Software Analysis and Testing, Testing Levels, Criteria, Test Case Design, Test Oracles, etc.
- Test Techniques and Black-Box Testing,
- Software Maintenance & Software Project Measurement
- Introduction to Data Structure
- Concepts of Stack, Linked list and Queues
- Concepts of Trees and Representation
- Sorting, Searching and Hashing techniques
- Concepts of Graphs and Representation
- Introduction to Compiler, Bootstrapping, Recognition of tokens and Error handling.
- Basic Parsing Techniques and related concepts
- Symbol Tables, Run-Time Administration, Simple stack Allocation scheme, Code Optimization and Code Generation
Computer Organization and Microprocessor:
- Computer System and Operations
- Computer Configuration and Memory Architecture
- Microprocessor as A CPU, Types and Concepts
- Input-Output System.
Object Oriented Programming (OOPS):
- Concepts of OOPS– Classes, Object, Data Abstraction and Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Methods and Messages, Dynamic Binding.
- OOPS- Features, Applications and Advantages
- Generalization, Aggregation and Association and Multiple Inheritance.
IBPS SO (IT Officer (Scale I)) 2017: Preparation Tips
In order to prepare for IBPS SO 2017 exam IT Officer Scale I , what could be the best preparation tips? We are here to present you the best preparation tips for IBPS SO 2017 exam IT Officer Scale I:
Planned Strategy: Plan a perfect study plan to prepare for the exam. Candidates preparing for IBPS SO exam should devote a perfect blend of (Hard Work + Preparation + Strategy) will make them ace the examination with ease.
Stay up to date: Keep a note of all the national and international events. Try to keep yourself updated with all the general awareness topics.
Prepare for every section: Prepare for every section thoroughly as you have to clear each section individually. You cannot skip any section by any means.
Time Management: Allot time Durations for every section. Time management is very important to attempt questions from every section. Improper time management will make you run out of time.
Practice, Practice and Practice: Practice mock tests and sample papers. Also, practice previous year papers which will give the idea of pattern and questions asked.
Revision is ultimate: Revise the topics studied at the end of the day. Regular revision will make you remember the topics you read.
Stay tuned for more updates. We will be back with latest notifications and information. Till then, keep learning!
TopRankers Online Test-Series
- Click here for IDBI Executive 2016-17
- Click here for IBPS Clerk 2016
- Click here for IBPS PO Mains 2016
- Click here for IBPS RRB Assistant 2016
- Click here for IBPS RRB Officer Scale I
- Click here for NIACL AO
- Click here for SSC CGL Tier II
- Click here for SSC CHSL
- Click here for NABARD Bank
- Click here for RRB NTPC(Railways)
- Click here for UP Police SI