SSC CPO Job Profile and Salary – Check the detailed job responsibilities and pay scale for each post.
SSC CPO Job Profile and Salary
Staff Selection Commission organizes tests for many departments and ministries. One of the exams is held for the Central Police Organization. Via the SSC CPO exam, the following posts are filled – Sub Inspector in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), and Assistant Sub Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF). Under CAPF, the following units come – Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserved Police Force (CRPF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Seema Suraksha Bal (SSB), and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF). We will discuss the SSC CPO Job Profile and Salary for each post separately. Scroll down to read more.
Post-wise & Force-wise SSC CPO Job Profile
- Delhi Police Sub Inspector – Ensure law and order in the area
- BSF Sub Inspector – Protect the India-Pakistan border, stop trans-border criminal activities, help in refugee-control, provide a secure environment for the common people.
- CRPF Sub Inspector – Control riots, Naxalites
- ITBP Sub Inspector – Protect the India-China border, stop trans-border criminal activities like smuggling, provide a secure environment for the citizens
- SSB Sub Inspector – Protect the Indo-Nepal and Indo-Bhutan border, stop trans-border crimes
- CISF Sub Inspector and Assistant Sub Inspector – Protect Govt. projects, industries, PSUs
SSC CPO Salary
Pay Scale of Sub Inspectors in Delhi Police and CAPF
Rs.35,400 – 1,12,400/- per month + Grade pay of Rs.4200
Pay Scale of Assistant Sub Inspectors in CISF
Rs.29,200 – 92,300/- per month + Grade pay of Rs.2800
SSC CPO Allowances
The House Rent Allowance and Travelling Allowance vary for the Sub Inspectors depending on the job location. The allowance varies for all cities according to the HRA classification adopted by the Indian Government. Three categories come under this classification – X, Y, and Z cities.
House Rent Allowance for SSC CPO SI
- X cities – Rs.8496/-
- Y cities – Rs.5664/-
- Z cities – Rs.2832/-
Travelling Allowance for SSC CPO SI
- For X cities – Rs.3600/-
- For Y and Z cities – Rs.1800/-
Gross Salary for Sub Inspectors
- X cities – Rs.47,496/-
- Y cities – Rs.42,864/-
- Z cities – Rs.40,032/-
Salary In-hand for Sub Inspectors
- X cities – Rs.41,231/-
- Y cities – Rs.36,600/-
- Z cities – Rs.33,767/-
So, tell us, did you find our post on SSC CPO Job Profile and Salary helpful? Then, keep visiting us regularly for more job profile and salary updates. And do share your thoughts with us in the comments section below. ‘Cause your opinion matters!