Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts one of the popular exams of the country which is the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Examination. SSC conducts CHSL exam for the recruitment of Data Entry Operator (DEO), Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant & Court Clerk.
SSC CHSL selection process:
- SSC CHSL Tier 1
- SSC CHSL Tier 2
- Skill test
Click here for SSC CHSL 2017 Exam Mock test
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Examination is scheduled to be held from 7th January to 5th January 2017.
We bring you the last minute preparation tips for SSC CHSL Tier 1 examiation.
Speed and Accuracy:
Speed and accuracy plays a crucial factor in the exam.To increase you speed take at least 5 mock tests in last one week. Note the topics which are taking more time. Focus on improving your accuracy as you practice more.
Form a startegy:
Plan a strategy to attempt either easy or difficult questions. Stick to these plan in order to maximize your speed and performance.
Revision is Important:
- Revision is necessary so revise important chapters and topics before the exam.
- Revise the important mathematical formulas.
- Revise the short cut tricks for time and distance, profit and loss, percentage, mixture & alligation and ratio & proportion. These will help you save time during the exam.
- Revise the important one word substitution, idioms & phrases for the English section.
- Do not learn any new topics in the last days of the exam.
- Believe in yourself.
- You will get confidence from your strong points,so revise and practice your strong portions.
- Do some physical exercise in order to balance your mental and physical energy.
- Have a positive attitude and keep yourself motivated.
- Time management is the key to success so you must have proper time management planning.
- Don’t spend too much time on a single question- mark it for review and come back to after you finish the remaining questions.
- Here is an indicative strategy, you can modify this according to your strengths and weaknesses -
- Reasoning : 20 Minutes
- English : 15 Minutes
- General Awareness : 10 Minutes
- Quantitative Aptitude : 30 Minutes
- Leave the last few minutes to act as a buffer for the questions which you have marked for attempting in the end.
- Practice from previous year's question papers and sample papers.
Candidates need to save time for English & GK sections.
- Don’t take too much stress on the difficulty level of the exam.
- Make sure you get ample sleep in the last week as it will help you in reducing your stress levels.
- Do some yoga or meditation in last one week to keep your mind calm.
- Take proper and healthy diet before the exam.
Some Important exam day guidelines and tips:
- Read the instructions carefully as given on the admit card.
- Listen to any additional informaton provided by the invigilator.
- Start by attempting easy questions first or vice versa as per your strengths.
- Save time for difficult questions
- Do not waste time thinking too much on a single question.
- Try to avoid negative marking by avoiding unsure answers.
- Keep an eye on the time limit.
- Do revise before final submission.
Hard work has no substitution. Keep practicing our mock test series and achieve sure success in the SSC CHSL examination. All the Best!
TopRankers Online Test-Series
- IDBI Executive 2016-17 Mock Test
- RRB NTPC Test Series
- IBPS SO Test Series
- RBI Assistant Mock Test 2016
- NIACL AO Mains Mock Tests
- SSC CHSL Test Series
- UP Police SI Mock Test
- IPPB Officer Test Series