RPF Recruitment 2018 PDF – Railways to soon announce 9500 Vacancies for Railway Protection Force. Get complete detals here.
RPF Recruitment 2018
Railway Minister, Mr. Piyush Goel has posted a tweet stating that the RRB will be a releasing a recruitment notification for Railway Protection Force. The Recruitment drive will be released in April to fil about 9500 Vacancies.50% of these vacancies will be reserved for Women. This is a milestone for the Indian Railways as far as recruitment is concerned. Already, a record number of 90,000 vacancies have been announced by Railways for Group C and Group D vacancies. According to a new tweet from the Indian Railways, about 1.5 crore candidates have already applied for these 90,000 posts. No other government organization in the world would have seen so many recruitment or vacancies. Railway Minister has stated that the RRB RPF Recruitment notification will be released soon.
रेलवे 1 लाख लोगों को नौकरी एक साथ देगी, जल्द ही रेलवे प्रोटेक्शन फ़ोर्स में भी 9,500 भर्तियां शुरु होंगी, जिसमें 50% नौकरियाँ महिलाओं के लिए आरक्षित होंगी। pic.twitter.com/Vnl7pkX2AK
Important Dates for RPF Recruitment 2018:
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Online Applications Start||April 2018|
|Last Date for Online Applications||To be released|
|Last Date for Payment||To be Released|
|Tentative Dates for Exam||To be announced|
Important Highlights on RPF Recruitment 2018
|Name of Board||Railway Protection Force/Railway Protection Special Force|
|Name of Post||Constable|
|Total Number of Vacancies||9500|
|Last Date of RPF Applications Submission||To be Announced|
|Job Category||Indian Railway Jobs|
|Job Location||Anywhere in India|
a) Citizenship: The applicant must be a citizen of India
b) Education: The applicant must have passed the Matriculation or equivalent examination conducted by a recognized Board. Class 10/SSLC/ Matriculation is essential for those applying for RPF Posts.
|Minimum Age –||18 years|
|Maximum Age –||25 years|
e) Physical Standards: An applicant must have the following physical standards:
|Category||Height Male (in cms)||Chest Unexpanded Male (in cms)||Chest expanded Male (in cms)*||Height Female (in cms)|
*A minimum expansion of 5 cms in chest is essential
RPF Exam Pattern Selection Procedure :
RRB ALP Selection will be based on 4 stages as follows:
- Written Examination
- PMT (Measurement Test)
- Medical Examinations
The applicants are shortlisted based on the following tests conducted by the Railway department
1. Written Test: The Written Examination will consist of 120 multiple-choice objective type questions of one mark each and shall be of 90 minutes duration. The questions paper will be of matriculation standard with 120 as maximum marks. The question paper will consist of 35 questions on General Intelligence & Reasoning, 35 questions on Arithmetic and 50 questions on General Awareness. Candidates will be required to answer all the questions. Each correct answer will be awarded 1(one) mark and 1 (one) mark will be deducted for 4 (four) incorrect answers. No mark shall be awarded or deducted for questions not attempted.
2) Physical Efficiency Test (PET): will consist of three events namely, 1600mts/800mts run, High Jump and Long Jump. A candidate has to qualify in all the three events as shown in the table given below. No marks shall be awarded to any of the events. The minimum qualifying standard for each event is as specified under:
|Event||Male||Female||Number of Chances|
|1600 meters||5 min 45 sec||Not applicable||One|
|800 meters||Not applicable||3 min 40 sec||One|
|High Jump||3 feet 9 inches||3 feet||Two|
|Long Jump||14 feet||9 feet||Two|
3) Measurement Test: Only those applicants who qualify in the Written Examination shall be called for PET and Physical Measurement.
4) Medical Test: The applicants who are finally selected will be sent for a medical examination at a Railway Hospital. They will have to qualify in medical category ‘B-1’ as per the Indian Railway Medical Manual. Those wearing glasses or having flat foot, knock-knee, squint eye, color blindness and other bodily defects are not eligible for appointment.
Application Fee for RPF Recruitment:
General – Rs. 40
OBC/SC/ST/PWD – No application Fee
RPF Pay Scale:
Rs. 5200/- 20200/- with Grade pay Rs. 2000/-
- Go to the official website www.indianrailways.gov.in
- Fill the application form without any error
- Upload photograph and signature along with required documents
- Pay the application Fee if applicable
- Submit the application form