Check the RPF Cut Off of previous years and set your target score for the exam based on the expected cut off marks. Prepare for the RPF exam for SI and Constable, keeping this target score within sight and mind at all times.
RPF Cut Off for Constable and SI exam
The Computer Based Test for RPF Constable and SI is starting from 19th December 2018. As the exam is almost round the corner, it is wise to have a look at the Expected Cut Off for RPF SI and Constable Exam to set your target score. We also suggest you to, go through the Previous year cut off of previous years to have an idea of the paper difficulty and maximum marks. We have provided in this article the official previous year RPF cut off along with the expected cut off for 2018. Those who qualify the Computer Based Test and Physical Efficiency Test, the Medical test shall be selected for the Final List. Scroll down to read more.
Importance of Knowing RPF Cut off Marks
Aspirants should be familiar with the RPF cut off marks which will help them to get a fair idea of how much score they need to obtain in the exam to qualify. They can strategize their preparation accordingly. There exist total 9739 vacancies. Candidates equal to 10 times the vacancies will be selected for next stage. So, you need to secure the minimum marks to qualify as well as the surpass the cut off marks in order to appear in the merit list. The order in the merit list will matter at the time of final posting. Those who rank high will be given first preference.
Stages of RPF Cut Off
The RPF cut off will be applied in the RPF SI and Constable exam as given below:
- Qualifying cut off – It is the minimum percentage of marks to be secured in the CBT exam. It is 35% for General category and 30% for SC and ST. This is the first criteria to qualify.
- Sectional cut off – Sectional cut off is the minimum marks to be scored in each of the section to be eligible to qualify for the next stage.
- Overall cut off – It is the cut off applied on the total marks.
Factors that affect RPF Cut Off
Merit list is prepared on the basis of cut off marks. The cut off of any exam depends on multiple factors. We have listed some of the reasons below.
- Difficulty level of the exam – The exam difficulty varies from time to time and also from one section to another section. Try to avoid losing marks in negative marking and give first preference to attempting questions that you are very sure of. The board fixes the cut off marks with respect to the level of difficulty of exam.
- Number of vacancies – The number of vacancies have gone down this year. In 2015, there were total 16000 + vacancies. This means that there is less number of seats. Therefore, the competition will be tough leading to high cut off score.
- Number of applicants – More than Lakhs of candidates appear for RPF exam. This number is increasing so is the competition.
RPF Expected Cut Off 2018
Keeping in mind the number of vacancies and the huge number of applicants, we have traced out an estimated RPF Cut Off for SI & Constable exam 2018. Find the table below:
|Name of the Subject||No. of Qs||Marks||RPF Expected Cut Off 2018|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||35||35||20-24|
|Total||120 Questions||120 Marks||63-74|
Official RPF Cut Off 2015
|Section||No. of Qs / Marks||Cut Off Marks|
How to Check the RPF SI and Constable Cut Off
Note: The recruitment board will publish the cut off officially once the exam is over and the results are out. .
- Then, find and click on the cut off link for RPF Constable / SI.
- Check the RPF cut off and score.
We wish you all the best for the exam! Give your 100% in the exam and hope to clear the exam. Therefore tell us, did you find our post on RPF Cut Off helpful? Then, keep visiting us regularly for more cut off updates. And do share your thoughts with us in the comments section below. ‘Cause your opinion matters!