The Coal India Limited Recruitment Examination is an All India Entrance exam for the post of management trainees. Coal India has released a good number of vacant positions. A lot of Engineering graduates, M.Sc Geology, Material Management, Finance and Accounts, Personnel & HR, Sales & Marketing, M.A in Hindi, P.G/P.G Diploma in Community Development (from a recognized University/Institute), P.G/P.G diploma in Public Relations, Social Work, CA, ICWA Graduate in Law with a minimum of 60% marks for General and OBC and there is 5% relaxation for SC/ST & Persons with Disability (PWD) await this prestigious post. Coal India Limited has released 1319 posts. The Exam is yet to be conducted on 26th March, 2017.
Few things you can’t miss:
- First and the foremost thing to do are to be aware of the syllabus and then move on to a preparation strategy.
- The exam is conducted in 2 parts, one which tests the candidate’s General Awareness, English, Reasoning & Numerical Ability. The other paper is purely discipline based.
- Each paper consists of 100 multiple choice questions.
- It is essential to refer previous year’s papers and prepare accordingly.
- Prepare in a manner such as to Target the qualifying cut-off mark.
- Candidates must be aware that Coal India has released qualifying marks in each paper category-wise. It could be helpful for your preparation.
Minimum 40 marks in each paper
Minimum 35 marks in each paper
Minimum 35 marks in each paper
Preparation tips for Paper 1:
You all must be aware that Paper I consists of 100 questions and the sections are General Awareness, English, Reasoning & Numerical Ability. The rips will be discussed here according to these sections.
- Prepare for the last 6 months information of events occurred, schemes, Decisions of Govt., and Courts, Science and Technology, Sports etc.
- To get the grip on English section, start working on the mock test papers and previous year’s papers of Coal India Limited.
- To attempt Reasoning and Numerical Ability section, the candidate needs good grip, so get a good practice on previous year exam papers. You can also prepare from other competitive exam books which are common.
- Solving daily mock tests papers, Test series would help the aspirants in clearing the Paper I easily.
Preparation tips for Paper II:
This paper is purely based on the professional knowledge. So, candidates must be thorough with their discipline based content and subjects. This is a multiple choice type paper.
- As per the previous data, the level of difficulty is medium. The questions are similar to those of PSU exams like SAIL, RRB SSE etc. exams. The attempt is to test the theoretical knowledge of the candidate.
- First, get away with the easier and short questions, save time for the long type ones which may need more time and calculations.
- Practice the papers of previous years PSU’s and their model question papers.
- Make a habit of working on mock tests, online tests and other model papers.
- Refer to the books that are concept based and easy to understand.
This examination does not have any negative marking, so, make sure to attempt all the questions within time.
TopRankers Online Test-Series
- SBI PO Mock Test Series
- SSC CGL Mock Test Series
- SBI Clerk Test Series
- SSC CHSL Test Series
- UP Police SI Test Series
- SSC JE Test Series
- SSC MTS Test Series
- COAL India Test Series