IBPS, which stands for “Institute of Banking Personnel”, has come up with notifications for recruitment of candidates as Specialist Officers (Marketing Officer (Scale I). The starting date of application was 16th November 2016 and the process was closed on 2nd December 2016. The entire process of recruitment will consist of two stages:
1- Written Test
As per the tentative date of IBPS SO 2016 exam, the written exam will be on 28th January and 29th January 2017. The e- admit cards for IBPS CWE Specialist officer will be released by January 16, 2017 (tentative). The date of result declaration of IBPS SO recruitment 2017 will most probably be 16th February 2017. The candidates who will successfully clear the written test will be eligible for the upcoming round i.e. interview.
IBPS SO Marketing Officer: Highlights of the Exam:
- Designation: Marketing Officer (Scale I)
- Conducting Authority: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
- Participating Banks: 20
IBPS SO Marketing Officer: Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate’s age limit should be minimum of 20 years and maximum of 30 years.
- A candidate who has a MBA (Marketing)/ PGDBA/PGDBM degree (2 years) with specialization in Marketing will be eligible to apply.
IBPS SO Marketing Officer: Exam Pattern
What is the exam pattern of IBPS SO Marketing Officer? We bring you the pattern along with number of questions asked from each section:
No. of Questions
SO Reasoning Paper
SO English Language Paper
SO Quantitative Aptitude Paper
SO Professional Knowledge Paper
Note: The total time duration is 120 minutes
IBPS SO Marketing Officer: Syllabus and Important Topics
What are the important topics for the IBPS SO Marketing Officer? We bring you the important topics and syllabus for IBPS SO Marketing Officer exam:
- Reasoning questions are easy if you understand the logic. So, try to understand the logic in the question instead of reading the questions superficially.
- Try to always use shortcut tricks to solve these questions. They will help you reach faster to the solution and save ample of your time.
- The topics asked from this section are:
- Cubes and Dice
- Clocks & Calendars
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Direction Sense
- Logical Venn Diagrams
- Alpha Numeric Sequence Test
- Eligibility Test
- Linear & Circular Arrangements
- Series test
- Odd figures
- Mathematical Operations
- Data Sufficiency
- Blood Relation
- Puzzle Test
- This section can be performed relatively well if you practice well. The English section is one the ‘best scoring’ sections of all.
- When you attempt reading comprehension, attempt the questions by finding answers from the passage instead of going through the whole passage completely.
- The important topics asked from this section are:
- Completion of Passage
- Passage Rearrangement
- Framing of sentences
- Active-Passive Voice
- Spotting the errors
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence Completion
- Word Formation
- Detection of theme
- Indirect-Direct Speech
- Phrases and Idioms.
- It is the most time consuming section of all. So, try attempting the easy questions first followed by easy questions.
- You need to have a proper practice to score good in this section.
- Apply shortcut tricks to solve questions of this section faster with better accuracy.
- The topics asked in this section are:
- Boats & Streams
- Pipes & Cisterns
- Decimal & Fractions
- Ratio & Proportions
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Volume & Surface Area
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Work
- Number System
- Problems on Ages
- Time & Distance
- Problems on trains
- Stocks & Shares
- Pie Charts, Bar Graphs and Line Graphs
- HCL & LCM
- Permutations & Combinations
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Heights & Distance Relationships
- Overview of Marketing
- Concept, Nature, Scope and Importance of Marketing
- Importance of Marketing Management along with meaning and functions
- Marketing Planning and Marketing Process
- Behaviour of Consumer/ Buyer
- Market Segmentation and its importance
- Research of Marketing
- Product Development and Planning
- Promotion of Sales along with its objectives
- Branding, Labelling and Packaging
- Pricing Decision Strategies
- Wholesale Trade
- Retail Trade
- Personal Selling
- Services Marketing
- Bank Marketing
- Marketing Organization
- Marketing Program
- Marketing Decision Making
- Sales Forecasting
- Distribution and channels
- Sales Management
- Marketing Environment
- Rural Marketing
- International Marketing
- Social Responsibility
- Business Ethics.
IBPS SO Marketing Officer: Preparation Tips
What could be the preparation tips for IBPS SO Marketing Officer exam? We will present you the best preparation tips for IBPS SO Marketing Officer exam:
Make a study plan: Make a study plan which will incorporate all the subjects in detail. Try to allot some time limit to every section which will help you to stay in touch with every section.
Keep a note of what’s happening: Keep a note of all happenings in detail (national and international events) along with major implementations, policies etc.
Every section is important: Prepare for every section carefully. You cannot skip any section as every section is important. Sectional cut- off is required to clear the exam.
Proper Time Management: Allot time limits to every section. Time management is one of the greatest tools for effective scores.
Practice will make you prosper: Practice heap of questions from every possible resource which will help you familiar with the questions asked and pattern as well.
Revision is essential: Revise the topics studied at regular intervals. Regular revision will make your preparation even better.
Stay connected for more updates. We will be back with more notifications. Till then, keep learning!