Last Minute Tips For IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2018 – Tips, Tricks, and Strategies to prepare for IBPS Clerk Exam 2018.
Last Minute Tips For IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2018
IBPS Clerk Prelims exam is going to be held on 8th, 9th, 15th & 16th December 2018. It is going to be a tough race that will be taken by lakhs of students. Students need to prepare well in order to clear the exams. One needs to take the effort to come out of the exam with flying colors. Most importantly, you need to be stress-free, as taking stress can impact your performance. Make the best use of your knowledge. Students need also remain healthy by doing exercises and yoga. A little amount of stress won’t do harm and toughen you up a bit. Keep your mind stable and know that the IBPS Clerk prelims is just a screening test. All you have to do is attain the cut off marks to clear the round. Get some Last minute suggestions for IBPS Clerk here.
Section Wise Last Minute Tips For IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2018
- The trick to scoring well in the Numerical ability is to attempt tougher questions first like Quadratic equations, simplification, and approximation and then move on to the number series.
- After attempting the questions on Quadratic Equations, Simplification and Approximation attempt the questions in Data Interpretation. There can be anywhere around 10 to 15 questions on Data Interpretation. In Data interpretations, 2 sets of questions are easy to solve, while the third one is always very difficult.
- Other questions will be based on miscellaneous topics like Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Time and work, Pipes and Cisterns, Partnership, etc
- From the allotted 20 minutes, try to attempt the majorly accurate questions
- In Reasoning section, it is always advisable to attempt the easy questions first and eventually move on to the difficult ones. Begin with questions on inequalities, direction and distance, syllogism, coding-decoding, alphanumeric series, and other topics.
- Solving easy questions first will give you the ability to manage your time. Try to solve the questions are sure of within the first 10 minutes. For the next 10 minutes, you can try to solve among the remaining time but only where you are accurate.
- Reading Comprehension is the most important section of the English language followed by a cloze test. Other topics in the English section include Error Detection, Para jumbles, Phrase Replacement, Double Fillers, etc.
- Work on your grammar like Parts of Speech, Subject-verb agreement and adjectives.
- Although the English Section does not take much time, but you 20 minutes to dedicate. Read the passages carefully and answer.
Last Minute Tips For IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2018: General Tips
⇒Chart a Study plan:
Plan your daily routine and plan your study routine accordingly. Do Yoga and Exercise for better health and to keep your mind focused and not waste time.
⇒Follow Test Pattern:
Know the examination pattern and marking scheme as this will be of immense help.
⇒Study the entire syllabus:
Cover all essential parts of the syllabus and important parts of the syllabus
Revision is important for preparation. Create a checklist of all important topics and revise them for the exam.
⇒Practice Mock Tests:
Mock tests are important in determining your success in exams. How well you do in mock tests will determine how well you do in the exams. Toprankers provides Mock tests for a variety of exams and you can also get about 75 full-length mock tests for IBPS PO.
⇒Give Attention to all sections:
Pay attention not just to important sections, but all sections of the syllabus. Also by knowing the syllabus, you can know your weak areas.
⇒Prepare study notes:
Prepare notes and jot down important points from what you study. You can take notes of difficult questions or unique questions. Preparing notes will also help you be more organized.
⇒Discuss with Friends and Teachers:
Discuss the syllabus and notes with friends and teachers. Discussing may help you to solve many queries and doubts. Moreover, you can also go through some IBPS Clerk Special Videos for the exam. Join the live chat and ask your queries there. Sharing is caring, not always though.
⇒Eat Well, sleep well and exercise:
Follow the mantra of eating well, Sleep well and exercise as this will help you to focus on your exams. What you eat before the exam will play an important role in how you perform. If you eat well, you will be able to concentrate well. Avoid Junk Food before the exam.
Do Yoga and meditation:
Yoga and meditation are timeless ancient Indian sciences that can help in dealing with stress during exams.
Learn to think positive, be positive. Eliminate negative thoughts from your mind by doing things that interest you like.
⇒Carry Admit Card to the Examination Hall:
Carry official admit card to the examination hall along with valid ID Proof like AADHAR Card, PAN Card. There would be no admission inside the examination hall without an admit card and a valid identity proof.
⇒Avoid Last minute Preparation:
Last minute preparation can be great if you are well versed. However, do not try to understand new concepts during the last minute.
Now that you have learned important tips to prepare for IBPS Clerk examination, let’s have a look at the Scheme of the exam.
Scheme of Examination:
Preliminary Examination Paper Pattern for IBPS Clerk:
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
- Very important to note that this time, you will be facing sectional timing.
- Negative marking is applicable to wrong answers. There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks assigned to that question which is answered wrongly.
- If you leave a question blank, there would be no penalty charged for the question.
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. You must remember that you have to secure both the sectional as well as overall cut off marks. Candidates who qualify for IBPS Clerk Preliminary exams will be selected for Mains exams.
List of Topics to help in Last Minute tips For IBPS Clerk Prelims exam 2018
|English Language||Numerical Ability||Reasoning Ability||Computer Knowledge|
Stay tuned for more updates on Last Minute Tips For IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2018. We will be happy to help you. Write to us in the comments section below.
Wish you Luck!!