A PO (Probationary Officer) is a designation held by an Assistant Manager who is on probation. It is considered as a banking career option and a white collar job.
A PO can often be called as Scale 1 Officer, which means that he is in JMG- Scale 1 Officer (Junior Management Grade).
SBI is one of the largest Indian multinational public sector banks. If you want to be in the world of SBI opportunities, here are 7 reasons why you should be a part of SBI PO 2016 and join India’s Only Fortune 500 Bank:-
1. The Banking Giant- SBI are the largest bank and financial services organisation with the asset size of over Rs 20, 00, 000 crores and over 16000 branches across the country. It is larger than any other Indian domestic banks.
2. A Stronger International Presence- The number of international branches of SBI is the highest among any other banks in India.
3. A Prestigious Banking Option- With more than 200 years of legacy, SBI have won accolades and recognition, thereby creating a glorious history. They have been -
The winner of several HR Awards for excellence in HR Practices.
Awarded one of the best banks globally.
Recognized as a top brand in India.
4. A Pioneer of Change - SBI are the leaders to use technological innovation and revolutionize the Indian Banking system. Mobile applications such as SBI Buddy and sbiINTOUCH have been introduced by SBI to provide quicker and efficient services. Moreover there have been Tie-ups of SBI with e-commerce brands like Flipkart and Snapdeal. All these are leading to more and more job opportunities and proving to be the best career options for the young India.
5. Best Career Path- SBI provide numerous opportunities for the growth of their employees. The meritorious and brilliant employees get opportunities to enter into the Top Grades through the alluring promotion policies that the bank provides. There are many present top executives who occupy positions of Managing Directors and joined as Probationary Officers in SBI.
Promotion channel of SBI is as under:
Probationary Officer (Assistant Manager, JMGS I)
Deputy Manager (MMGS II)
Manager (MMGS III)
Chief Manager (SMGS IV)
AGM (SMGS V)
DGM ( TEGS VI)
GM (TEGS VII)
6.Compensation –If you are working with the biggest bank, you must definitely enjoy the perks and compensation packages.A Probationary Officer gets a total compensation of Rs 7.55 lacs to Rs 12.93 lacs per annum depending on the place he has been posted at and some other factors. The housing rent is also included in the compensation package.
7. Medical Benefits and Leave Policy-SBI take care of the medical expenses of the employees along with their families. The employee gets 100 % benefit whereas the dependent family enjoys 75% of the medical benefit. The leave policies provided by SBI are very attractive. It includes privilege leave of 33 days and casual leave of 12 days annually. There is a provision of upto 2 years of sabbatical leave for women as well as single men who have aged parents or children.
So don’t spare any effort for the post of SBI PO and go for it with all the zeal and passion!!