Deshauna Barber, a serving Army Reserve officer of United States (US), was on 5 June 2016 crowned as the Miss USA 2016 at the Miss USA competition 2016 held at the T-Mobile Arena off the Las Vegas Strip.
• She represented the US capital as Miss District of Columbia. Miss Hawaii Chelsea Hardin came in as the first runner-up and Miss Georgia Emani Davis was the second runner-up.
• With this, Barber became the first-ever military member to win Miss USA title. She will now represent the USA at Miss Universe Competition 2016.
• Barber inherited the crown from 2015 winner Miss Oklahoma Olivia Jordan.
• Barber works as an IT analyst at the US Department of Commerce.
• Barber was commissioned as a Quartermaster Officer in 2011 in the Army Reserve of US.
• She is currently a Logistics Commander for the 988th Quartermaster Detachment Unit based at Fort Meade, Maryland.
• She is a member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority.
• She was crowned as Miss District of Columbia USA 2016 in December 2015 by outgoing titleholder Lizzy Olsen.