On 12 May 2016 Shashank Manohar got elected as the Chairman of the International Cricket Council (ICC) by the Board.
• Manohar is the first elected independent Chairman of the Cricket governing body and will serve for two-year term with immediate effect.
• He resigned from the post of President of Board for Control of Cricket in India on 10 May 2016.
• ICC directors were allowed to nominate one candidate till 23 May 2016
• ICC Council It comprises 10 full members, 38 associate members and 57 affiliate members
• The role of Chairman is an honorary one.
• Shashank is a prominent Indian lawyer who served his first stint as the BCCI President from 2008-2011.
• He was re-elected as the BCCI President in October 2015
• The International Cricket Council (ICC) is the international governing body of cricket.
• It was founded as the Imperial Cricket Conference in 1909 by representatives from England, Australia and South Africa, renamed the International Cricket Conference in 1965, and took up its current name in 1989.