Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik bagged the gold medal at the ninth Moscow Sand Sculpture Championship "The magical world of sand" 2016.
• He won the championship for best composition 'Mahatma Gandhi - World Peace'.
• About twenty sand artists from various countries around the world participated in the championship.
• The championship was held from April 21-27 at Moscow.
• He has already participated in more than 50 international sand sculpture championships across the world.
• He has also got the fourth highest civilian award- Padma Shri in 2014.
• He started sculpting images on sand since the age of seven and has designed hundreds of sand art.
• He was the brand ambassador of NALCO, India.
• He established "The Golden Sand Art Institute" which is first of its nature in India.
• His sculptures include environmental crisis, famous festivals, national integrity and religious tolerance.