South Korea's Olympic committee on 27th April 2016 unveiled Zika-proof uniforms complete with mosquito repellent
• Mosquito-repellent chemicals were added to the outfits, which all include long pants, long-sleeved shirts and jackets.
• The decision to use mosquito repellent uniform during the Rio games was taken because of the spread of the Zika virus.
• The virus is spread by daytime-active Aedes mosquitoes.
• Earlier in April 2016, representatives of the South Korean Olympic organisation and the government visited Rio to inspect venues, athletes' facilities and local hospitals. Brazil has reported about 1.5 million Zika infections out of a worldwide total of about 2 million.
• The disease has been declared a global emergency by the World Health Organisation.
• It causes severe headache which might lead to death.
• Fever, Body pain etc. are common traits.