Congress Legislature Party leader V Narayanasamy was sworn-in as Chief Minister of the Union Territory of Puducherry on 6 June 2016.
• Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi administered his oath of office and secrecy along with five ministers at Gandhi Thidal in Beach Road.
• Five Congress legislators who were also sworn-in as ministers are A Namassivayam, Shah Jahan, Malladi Krishna Rao, M Kandasamy and R Kamalakannan.
• He represented Puducherry in Rajya Sabha for three terms.
• He was elected to Lok Sabha in 2009 and served as Minister of State Parliamentary Affairs in UPA-I.
• In UPA-II, he served as Minister of State in Prime Minister's Office.
• Narayanasamy is not a member of the house hence he will need to face polls in 6 months.
• Earlier on 19 May 2016, Congress - DMK alliance has 17 members in the 30 member Territorial Assembly. DMK which has 2 members in the Assembly will be supporting the Government from outside.
• Of the four regions of the Union Territory, Mahe alone do not have representation in the Council of Ministers.