Assam Assembly has passed the Assam Ease of Doing Business Bill, 2016.
• The bill has the provision for speedy processing of applications and issue of clearances for setting up of industries.
• Commerce and Industries minister Chandra Mohan Patowary said that the state government proposed to enact the legislation to facilitate the enterprises with a view to attract fresh investment in the state through an easy computerized clearance system.
• The basic aim of the bill is to create an investment-friendly environment for economic development of the state.
• With the BJP coming to power, industry leaders in Assam hoped that the new government will usher in a positive change and facilitate ease of doing business.
• The bill provides for establishing a bureau under the name and style of Assam Bureau of Investment Promotion for the purpose of overall supervision and administration of the speedy processing of applications and issue of various clearances.