India, Papua New Guinea signed four agreements
On 29 April 2016 India and Papua New Guinea signed four agreements/MoUs.These agreements have been done to boost the bilateral relations.
These MoUs were inked during the two-day visit (28 to 29 April 2016) of President Pranab Mukhrejee to Papua New Guinea.
This visit was the first ever presidential visit from India to Papua New Guinea.
• MoU between the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Ministry of Health and HIV/AIDS of Papua New Guinea has been signed
• MoU for a USD 100 Million Credit Line was signed for development of infrastructure in the island-nation between the Government of Papua New Guinea and the Export Import Bank of India.
• MoU for cooperation in agricultural research was signed between the Indian Council of Agricultural Research and PNG University of Technology, Lae, Papua New Guinea.
Papua is one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world.
852 languages are spoken in country
• Over 7 million people lives in customary communities, which are as diverse as the languages.
• Only 18 percent of its people live in urban centres.
• It is one of the world’s least explored nations, culturally and geographically.