The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development has decided to launch, a student tracking system programme ASMITA.
• It is acronym for All School Monitoring Individual Tracing Analysis.
• It will be launched under Shala Asmita Yojana (SAY).
• It aims to track the educational journey of school students from Class I to Class XII across the 15 lakhs private and government schools in the country.
• ASMITA will be an online database which will carry information of student attendance and enrolment, learning outcomes, mid-day meal service and infrastructural facilities among others.
• Students will be tracked through their Aadhaar numbers and incase those not having unique number will be provided with it.
• The Ministry of Human Resource Development is responsible for the development of human resources.
• The Ministry is divided into two departments: the Department of School Education and Literacy, which deals with primary, secondary and higher secondary education, adult education and literacy, and the Department of Higher Education, which deals with university education, technical education, scholarship etc.