The Lok Sabha passed the Central Universities (Amendment) Bill, 2019
• The Lok Sabha passed the Central Universities (Amendment) Bill, 2019. The Bill aimed at establishing a Central University and Tribal University in Andhra Pradesh on July 12.
• The government has allotted Rs.450 crore for the central university and Rs.420 crore for the central tribal university for offer research facilities in the fields of art, culture and technology to the tribal population.
The Bill seeks to amend the Central Universities Act, 2009. It aims to Provide higher educational and research facilities in tribal art, culture, and customs primarily to the tribal population of India. It also aims to provide quality of higher education and also promote avenues of higher education for the people of the state.The Tribal University provide research facilities in tribal art, culture and customs and advancement in technology to the tribal population of India.
First-ever Himalayan States Conclave to be hosted by Uttarakhand on July 28, 2019
• First-ever Himalayan States Conclave hosted by Uttarakhand on July 28, 2019
The main focus on sustainable development of the Indian Himalayan Region.
It will be held at Mussoorie.
• The event will discuss the common issues pertaining to states located in the Himalayan Region The main reasons are environmental protection, Himalayan culture and economic development.
• The administrators, specialists, the conclave host the Chief Ministers of the Himalayan states Uttarakhand, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Tripura, Mizoram and Nagaland.Rajiv Kumar, Vice President of Niti (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog, will also be a part of the conclave.The key points adopted at the Himalayan conclave will be presented as a draft to the Niti Aayog. This will help to frame policies for the region’s development.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY:
HDFC Bank, CSC launch credit card for village entrepreneurs and small traders
• HDFC Bank and Common Services Centres (CSCs) launched a co-branded ‘Small Business Money-Back Credit Card’ For small traders and village-level entrepreneurs (VLEs). The credit card is designed for VLEs and VLE-sourced customers.
• The users give easy access to credit for their day-to-day business expenses, according to a statement.The card launched by HDFC Bank MD Aditya Puri and CSC Chief Dinesh Kumar Tyagi. The personalized cards were handed out to a few women entrepreneurs.CSC as access points for delivery of various services and there are 3.6 lakh such centers operating across the country.
• Around ₹70,000 crore worth of business is transacted through the network of CSCs which apart from providing a platform for essential government and public utility services.It also delivers a range of social welfare schemes, financial services, education and skill development courses, health care, agriculture services and digital literacy.
• They entered into a pact in July 2018 .The bank offers various products and services in remote locations to VLEs enrolled with CSCs.
APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS:
Coca cola appoints Sarvita Sethi in M&A role
• Global beverages major Coco-Cola announced top-level changes in its India and southwest Asia unit. Sarvita Sethi is appointed as Vice president.
• M&A and New Ventures and Harsh Bhutani as Vice-president finance(CFO).
• About Sarvita Sethi
Sarvita Sethi become the first woman to head the company’s finances for the region, would now be vice-president, merger and acquisitions (M&A) and new ventures, for Coke’s India and Southwest Asia region.Her appointment in a newly created position is of significance.She is responsible for the firm’s crucial incubator, which involves conceptualising, developing and launching new products relevant to the market.
Biswa Bhusan Harichandan is appointed as the Governor of Andhra Pradesh on july 15
• Biswa Bhusan Harichandan is appointed as the Governor of Andhra Pradesh on july 15. Bhusan will take over from ESL Narasimhan, who has served as Governor for Andhra Pradesh since December2009.
He is one of the leaders of the BJP in Odisha. A practising lawyer before coming into politics. Bhusan joined the Bharatiya Jana Sangha in 1971 and became its National Executive Member and its State General Secretary till the formation of Janata Party in 1977. He joined the BJP and was its President for Odisha from 1980 to 1988.
India is to host the ISSF Combined World Cup from March 15-26, 2020
• India is to host the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Combined World Cup from March 15-26, 2020. The events will be held in New Delhi, India. ISSF finalised and approved the final dates of the events.
• The ISSF Combined World Cup includes events in rifle, pistol and shotgun. In 2020’s event of shooting, the World Cup provides golden platform to hit in Tokyo 2020 Olympics. India has hosted a World Cup in February 2019, which offered Olympic quota places for Tokyo.
The International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) was founded on 1907. It is headquartered atMunich, Germany. The President of ISSF is Vladimir Lisinis. It governs the Olympic Shooting events in rifle, pistol and shotgun disciplines, and of several non-Olympic Shooting sport events.
Vijayveer wins his 3rd gold at Junior Shooting World Cup
• Vijayveer Sidhutook his third gold medal of the ongoing ISSF Junior World Cup in Suhl, Germany. He combined with Rajkanwar Singh Sandhu and Adarsh Singh to clinch the men's 25m pistol event. For Adarsh, it was his second gold of the competition.
• India maintained its top spot at the medal standings after day three with 7 gold 7 Silver and 2 Bronze in a total of 16 medals. China is second with 5 Gold 3 Silver and 5 bronze.
• The day's second medal came in the men's 10m Air Rifle with the trio of Hriday Hazarika, Yash Vardhan and Paarth Makhija winning the team silver with a combined score of 1877.4.It was just 0.4 less than the gold-winning Chinese team's score.