World’s leading payments platform PayPal on 22 June 2016 announced the appointment of Anupam Pahuja as the Managing Director (MD) and Country Manager for its India operations.
• Pahuja will be responsible for all aspects of PayPal's business in India. He will also be responsible for further strengthening of the company's operations in the country.
• Prior to joining PayPal, Pahuja worked as the India MD for SumTotal Systems.
• PayPal operates a worldwide online payments system.
• It is headquartered in California, United States.
• It is one of the world's largest Internet payment companies.
• The company operates as an acquirer. It performs payment processing for online vendors, auction sites and other commercial users, for which it charges a fee.
• The company was established in 1998.
• In 2014, PayPal moved 228 billion US dollar in 26 currencies across more than 190 nations, generating total revenue of 7.9 billion US dollar.