The Centre’s ambitious National LED programme - Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA) - will be implemented across the country by 2019.
• Total of 9 crore LED bulbs were sold in the country, which means people will get the benefit of Rs 5,500 crore in their electricity bills.
• Almost 77 crore incandescent bulbs will be replaced till 2019 in the country which will ensure an annual benefit of Rs 40,000 crore to the people in their electricity bills and it will reduce dependability on coal.
• The cost of a 9-W LED bulb under the scheme is Rs 85 only.
• Madhya Pradesh has set a target of switching over to this mode in the next one-and-a-half year.
• The world’s largest solar power plant is coming up in Madhya Pradesh’s Rewa district.
• Govt. is urging people to replace old lamps with LED bulbs to save power and make it cheaper.
• State energy minister Rajendra Shukla ingfrmed that after selling the targetted 3 crore LED bulbs, Madhya Pradesh would order for 7 crore more bulbs.