V Narayanaswamy is going to sworn in as the Chief Minister of Puducherry.
• The decision came after the state party leaders consulted the party high command in Delhi on the choice of chief minister.
• Senior Congress leader and former Delhi chief minister Sheila Dikshit and party general secretary Mukul Wasnik attended the meeting as AICC observers.
• Narayanasamy was elected unanimously by all the Congress legislators.
• Narayanasamy, who is also a party general secretary, did not contest the elections.
• There were three contenders for the chief minister's post - former chief minister V.Vaithilingam, party chief A.Namassivayam and Narayanasamy.
• The Congress-DMK alliance won a simple majority by bagging 17 of the 30 Assembly seats.
• He is a former Member of the Parliament of India who represented Puducherry constituency.
• In the 2014 general elections, he was defeated by the NDA candidate R.Radhakrishnan who was backed by the ruling All India N.R. Congress.
• He is a member of the Congress Working Committee as well as All India Congress Committee's General Secretary.