The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi released a book titled “The Birds of Banni Grassland” in New Delhi, on 28th June.
• The book was presented to the Prime Minister by the Scientists of Gujarat Institute of Desert Ecology (GUIDE).
• The Book is a compilation of the research work, relating to more than 250 species of birds found in the Banni area of Kutch, Gujarat.
• The Gujarat Institute of Desert Ecology, located at Bhuj, has been studying the plant, bird and marine life in the Rann of Kutch for over 15 years.
• The GUIDE is located at Bhuj.
• For over 15 years it has been studying the plant, bird and marine life in the Rann of Kutch. GUIDE’s research activities are linked in the study of understanding and addressing environmental, ecological and social problems.
• It also seeks promoting sustainable development in arid and semi-arid regions of the state.