On 5 May 2016 Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL), launched Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) Shaurya at Vasco.
This 105-metre new generation OPV that was launched by the Governor of Goa, Mridula Sinha will be delivered to the Coast Guard after sea trials are completed.
• The vessel is capable of cruising at a speed of 23 knots and has a range of 6000 nautical miles.
• It will be fitted with state-of-the-art machinery like the integrated machinery control system and integrated bridge system.
• The vessel carries four boats for boarding party operations.
• One 30 mm gun and two 12.7 mm guns associated with fire control system form the main weaponry package.
• The indigenously designed ship is capable of search and rescue operations, pollution control and external firefighting.
GSL chairman and managing director Shekhar Mital said that all the six ships would be delivered to the Coast Guard by 2017.