On 4 May 2016 Union Cabinet approved the signing of Memorandum of Co-operation between Ministry of Women & Child Development (MWCD) and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF).
• The MoC will be signed for the cooperation in Information and Communication Technology Enabled Real Time Monitoring of Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS).
• The MoC will cover 162 high malnutrition burden districts of eight states.
• Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh are those 8 states.
• The phase-I of ISSNIP will roll out ICT-RTM through one Lakh Anganwadi Centers (AWCs) in 162 high burden districts of eight participating States.
• Technical support at the national and state level for strengthening their capacities to deliver nutrition especially during pre-conception, pregnancy and first two years of life.
• The Common Application Software (CAS) will be developed by the BMGF with support of their partners.
• It will be made available to the Ministry free of cost along with its Source Code for hosting by MWCD with NIC.