The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has constituted a three member committee to prepare a policy framework for taxi and other transport operators.
• The committee will be headed by Secretary, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways and have Joint Secretary, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways and Delhi Transport Commissioner as its members.
• A group of taxi and other transport operators had met Shri Nitin Gadkari, Minister of Road Transport and Highways and Shipping.
• Supreme Court’s order dated 15th December 2015 and directions of EPCA dated 29th April 2016 banned diesel taxis in the NCR
• People are facing various problems as a result of the ban.
• The Ministry has decided to set up the three member committee to look into these issues and come up with appropriate policy recommendations to address the same in a time bound manner.