State Bank of India has signed an agreement worth 4,200 crore rupees with the World Bank to support its grid connected rooftop solar photovoltaic (GRPV) programme.
• The programme also aims at improving the investment climate for solar PV, and increase the ease of doing rooftop business.
• It will also support development of the overall solar rooftop PV market.
• Under GRPV programme, at least 400 MW solar capacity will be created across the country.
• This agreement will help SBI to finance grid connected rooftop solar photovoltaic projects at very competitive rates.
• The investment climate for solar PV projects will be improved through technical assistance to strengthen the capacity of key institutions.
• The eligible beneficiaries under the programme would be developers, aggregators and end-users.
• Mainly they will set up solar projects on commercial, industrial and institutional rooftops.