Chief Minister of Haryana Manohar Lal Khattar on 3 June 2016 laid foundation stone of Jai Jawan Awas Yojna (JJAY) at Bahadurgarh, Haryana.
Jai Jawan Awas Yojna is an initiative to provide affordable housing to serving and retired JCOs and Other Ranks.
• The project is being executed by Army Welfare Housing Organization.
• It aims to provide low cost housing.
• This housing project has been named in the memory of Late Major Rajiv Joon, recipient of Ashok Chakra and Shaurya Chakra.
• Major Joon had attained martyrdom fighting militants in Anantnag district of Jammu & Kashmir.
• The residential project at Bahadurgarh will be pitched at a very low cost for the benefit of JCOs and Other Ranks.
• The Chief Minister had granted dispensation in construction which permitted construction of about 500 dwelling units instead of 400 planned earlier.