Former beauty queen, Bollywood actress and global human rights activist Celina Jaitly, will be honored May 13 by the Harvey Milk Foundation at the second annual Diversity Honors at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida.
• She is a strong supporter of repealing Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code, which criminalizes homosexuality,
• Jaitly will receive the Harvey Milk Foundation’s Lilla Watson Global Champion Medal at the gala co-presented by the Harvey Milk Foundation and The Pride Center at Equality Park.
• Jaitly, is an official Champion of the United Nations Free & Equal Campaign, will be honored for her advocacy and support for the LGBT rights movement in India.
• A former Miss India winner and Miss Universe runner-up, she is one of the most visible advocates against the criminalization of same-sex relationships in the world’s largest democracy.
• Jaitly will join other Diversity Honors notables to be celebrated for their commitment to transforming lives by living authentically and advancing inclusiveness.
• Guests at Diversity Honors will preview the North American premiere of the Levi’s X Harvey Milk Foundation Pride 2016 Collection
• The awards presentation will be hosted by WSVN news anchor Omar Lewis and will include Stuart Milk’s 2016 “State of the Global Equality” address.