Garima Chaudhary added gold in the 63 kg senior category to take Indian medal tally to 12 in the 12th Commonwealth Judo Championship in Mauritius.
• Chaudhary, had won gold in the 63 kg junior category on 28th April 2016, clinched another yellow metal on the second day of the competition which also saw five other Indians winning bronze.
• Bitu, Anil Kumar, Pawan Kumar and Virender Singh won a bronze each in the six-day competition.
• India has now five gold, one silver and six bronze in their kitty.
• Garima Chaudhary is an Indian judoka and has represented India as the country's sole judoka in the Women's (63 kg) category at the 2012 London Olympics
• Garima was the only representative from India to contest for Olympic glory in London 2012 at Judo, where Yoshi Ueno from Japan sent her packing in the first elimination round.