The Delhi Government on 6 June 2016 announced implementation of its solar policy.
• The policy aims at making the national capital a solar city with installation of 1 GW solar power capacity by 2020.
• This target is proposed to double it to 2 GW during further next five years.
• The policy has been prepared by the Delhi Government in consultation with the Dialogue and Development Commission after extensive consultations with local and international experts.
• Mandatory deployment of solar panels on the government or public institutions.
• Virtual net metering to give access to the solar net metering facility to the consumers who do not have a suitable roof for installing a solar system.
• Group net metering to encourage solar plants on rooftops of buildings that cannot consume all of the energy generated locally.
• Generation based incentive for three years.
• Amendment of the building bylaws for rooftop solar installations.