On 9 May 2016 The Union Government released a commemorative coin of hundred rupees and a circulation coin of ten rupees on Maharana Pratap.
• The coin was released as a part of 475th Birth Anniversary celebrations of Maharana Pratap.
• The coin was released by Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Culture and Tourism Dr Mahesh Sharma in New Delhi.
• Maharana Pratap was a brave warrior, successful organizer and ingenious strategist, who fearlessly fought the Mughals and protected his people until his death.
• He was a ruler of Mewar, a region in north-western India in the present day state of Rajasthan.
• His birth anniversary is celebrated every year on the 3rd day of the Jyestha Shukla phase.
• He was the eldest son of Maharani Jaiwanta Bai and Udai Singh II, founder of Udaipur.
• He belonged to the Sisodia clan of Rajputs.
• Union Ministry of Culture has been celebrating the 475th Birth Anniversary of Maharana Pratap in association with the State Government of Rajasthan.