Businessman Bipin R Patel was on 18 June 2016 appointed as the President of Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) for the term 2016-17. He succeeds Rohit J Patel.
• The decision in this regard was taken during the annual general meeting (AGM) of the GCCI. In another development, Shailesh Patwari was appointed as the Senior Vice-President of the chamber.
• The Chamber was founded in 1949 by Kasturbhai Lalbhai and Amrutlal Hargovandas, pioneers of industrial Gujarat
• It is registered as a Society under the Society Registration Act, 1860.
• It works to create and sustain an environment conducive to the growth of industry and trade in Gujarat, partnering both of them through advisory processes.
• It has 2983 direct members which include over 176 Trade and Industry Associations and leading Chambers of Commerce of the State.