1. Overall paper was reported to be between easy to moderate level of difficulty.
2. JIPMAT 2023 was already expected to be more difficulty than the JIPMAT 2024. IPMAT Rohtak, on the other hand, was easier than the 2022 exam. Between the two exams, JIPMAT 2023's level of difficulty is higher than IPMAT Rohtak 2023's.
3. The number of Good Question Attempts in the JIPMAT Exam 2023 can be considered at 85 Questions.
4. Approximately 8,500 students attempted JIPMAT 2023 on May 28, 2023 (based on Supergrads' conversation with dignitaries from the college in the past and an insight on the registration data).
5. Since there are multiple selection lists after JIPMAT for IIM Bodh Gaya and IIM Jammu, there's no need to worry. While qualifying scores are not enough to get into these IIMs, a higher number of attempts with an equally high level of accuracy is required from those that attempted JIPMAT Exam 2023. In this session of the exam, managing time to complete even 85+ Questions was definitely possible!
JIPMAT Exam Analysis 2023 for Quantitative Aptitude
This section was trickier than expected and required a lot of calculations, which students were not expecting.
The major surprise students faced in the exam was answering the 12-15 Questions that were statement-based. These questions revolved around true/false and assertion/reasoning.
Good attempts in this section: 24-28 Questions out of 33 Total Questions.
Students who are giving IPMAT Indore could have attempted upto 31 questions too. Experts have reported observing that the style of questions and format of the paper seems to have moved more towards thr IPMAT Indore pattern in both questions-type and level of difficulty.
Many students reported that the questions were conceptual and therefore this section felt quite lengthy.
JIMPAT Exam Analysis 2023 for Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation
According to student feedback, this section was rated as moderately easy.
The section consisted of 10 questions based on Data Interpretation, with an unexpected question on Time, Speed & Distance. This suggests that the JIPMAT Exam is aligning more closely with the IPMAT Indore style.
Some students reported having a critical reasoning question, while others did not.
Some students reported having attempted up to 31 questions, so it is advisable to aim for a higher number of attempts.
A good attempt for this section would be to answer 28-30 out of the total 33 questions.
Students who managed to save time during the Verbal Section would have had enough time to perform well in this section as well.
Let's take a look at section-wise qualifying marks which are likely to be the case for JIPMAT Exam 2023, according to our experts.
*Scores represented for these categories are based on IIM Bodh Gaya official cut-offs from 2022. The JIPMAT Exam cut-off for 2023 is likely to be a bit higher than these numbers for all categories.
Your performance needs to have been balanced across all 3 sections for the best result possible and a higher chance of qualifying for JIPMAT 2023.
Time consuming papers in themselves cannot be viewed as 'tough'. The problem a lot of students faced in this exam was time management. Whatever time was lost in QA and DI could be recovered in VA and therefore, cut-offs will be on the higher side.
The seat intake has also gone up for both IIM Bodh Gaya and IIM Jammu to 120 each. Even that will play into qualifying scores and cut-offs.
JIPMAT has a tendency to make some changes in each exam each year. You never know what is going to end up happening. In 2022, sectional cut-offs were applicable in shortlisting. As of now, we don't know what it's going to be for 2023.
Interested in observing the JIPMAT Exam Analysis 2022 & 2021?
Click on the link below to get the JIPMAT Exam Analysis 2022 and 2021.👇
Toprankers, launched in 2016, is India’s most preferred digital counselling & preparation platform for careers beyond engineering & medicine.
We envision to build awareness and increase the success rate for lucrative career options after 12th.
We offer best learning practices and end-to-end support to every student preparing for management, humanities, law, judiciary & design entrances.