RRB NTPC exam stage 2(Mains) exam will be conducted from 17th January 2017 to 19th January , 2017. There exist 18252 vacancies in Non technical category of Indian Railways recruitment this year. About 93 lakh candidates appeared for the NTPC stage 2 exam.
RRB NTPC Stage 2 Exam Pattern:
The stage 2 of NTPC exam will consist of 120 objective type questions and total time duration will be 90 minutes.
The questions will be asked from following subjects:
General Intelligence & Reasoning
Negative Marking: There will be a deduction of 0.33 marks for each wrong attempt.
In the below section, we are presenting the preparation tips for General Awareness and Arithmetic Ability section.
Click here for RRB NTPC Stage 2 Mains Exam Mock test
RRB NTPC Arithmetic Ability Syllabus
1) Series – Arithmetic and Numeric
2) Data Sufficiency
3) Data Interpretation
4)Whole numbers &Decimals
5) Ratio & Proportion
8) Simple and Compound Interest
9) Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnerships
10) Mixture and Alligation
11) Time and distance, Time & Work
12) Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds
13) Graphs of Linear Equations
15) Trigonometric ratio
16) Degree and Radian Measures
17) Complementary angles
18) Heights and Distance
19) Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Pie Chart, Bar Chart
RRB NTPC Arithmetic Ability: Topic Wise Preparation Tips
- It is really easy to figure out from past paper’s analysis that questions from Number/Alpahbet series constitute a major part of quantitative aptitude section.
- In these type of questions, A series of numbers is given. All of which are inter-related to each another.
- Once you identify the pattern, solving the question becomes a cake walk.
- There can be following patterns:
- Prime Numbers
- Squares/ Cubes
- Patterns in differences
- Pattern in alternate numbers
- Geometric series
- Odd one out
- Cube roots
- Square roots
- Take some time in solving these questions as the accuracy is an important factor.
- This section needs a good practice. Take all type of questions and try to get the correct answer.
- Devise a startegy for proper time management. If you take too much time in solving a question but are unab
- Start by going through the basic questions of series.
- Solve 5 questions of series daily for the next 1 month. This will increase your speed, your exposure to various series combinations and moreover you will be prepared for the toughest level of seating arrangement questions by the time of your exam.
- Read the given statements carefully.
- Do not to predict/assume any data on your own.
- Do not waste a lot of time on one particular question.
- Use the first statement and combine it with main statement. If you get the answer then the first statement is sufficient to answer the question.
- If first statement is not sufficient to find the answer, then take the second statement individually and combine with the main statement. If you can get the answer then answer is second statement alone is sufficient to answer the question.
- Data Interpretation is one of the most important part of the Arithmetic Ability section.
- DI questions are usually repeated from previous year's question papers.
- Most of the questions are from pie charts, bar diagram and graphs.
- Read the questions carefully and understand what is being asked. Do not start solving as soon as you see the question and the figures. There will be a few questions that won’t even need calculations.
- Observe each option carefully.
- Focus on solving one question at a time. Do not think about the next or the previous question.
- Try to memorize related formulas and short cut methods.
RRB NTPC Arithmetic Ability Study Plan
- Accuracy and Speed are the keys for scoring maximum in this section.
- Give at least 3-4 hours daily for Arithmetic Abilitypreparation.
- Attempt easy questions first and give time for the tricy questions.
- Conentrate on tricky and time takig topics more.
- Enroll for RRB NTPC mock test series for Arithmetic Ability section.
- Mock Tests will also help in creating a time management plan.
- Discuss with other students and faculties about the topics and clear all doubts before the examination.
RRB NTPC Arithmetic Ability Book:
·Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggarwal
- It is also useful to refer class 9 and 10 text books.
Believe in your ability and aim for the best. We wish you All the Best!
TopRankers Online Test-Series
- IDBI Executive 2016-17 Mock Test
- RRB NTPC Test Series
- IBPS SO Test Series
- RBI Assistant Mock Test 2016
- NIACL AO Mains Mock Tests
- SSC CHSL Test Series
- UP Police SI Mock Test
- IPPB Officer Test Series