SBI PO Exam 2017: Ten ways to crack the Preliminary exam
It is a known fact that the SBI PO Exam is one of the most sought-after and a prestigious post to begin with. Every year, this exam is conducted by the State Bank of India. A number of graduates pass out each year and aspire to crack this exam. Let me give a gist of this post of PO. PO stands for probationary Officer, this exam is conducted to recruit Assistant Manager on probation. The exam is conducted in 3 phases. Phase I is the Preliminary Examination, Phase II is the Main Examination and Phase III is the Group Discussion & Interview. This article throws light on the ways to crack Preliminary exam of SBI Po 2017.
Preliminary Examination – Date of Exam - 29th & 30th Apr and 6th & 7th May'17
Firstly one needs to be aware of the pattern and syllabus for SBI PO Prelims. The Preliminary Exam is an online objective type exam for 100 marks and its duration will is for one-hour. This exam consists of 3 sections namely (1) English Language, (2) Quantitative Aptitude and (3) Reasoning Ability.
SBI PO Mock Test Series
10 Master Tips to Crack SBI PO Preliminary Exam:
- The English language is the language of communication and so the test. This test will pose questions based on a cloze test, reading comprehension, Synonyms & Antonyms, Spellings, Grammar.
- Work on the Grammar to be sure with the rules of the grammar, start reading the News papers on a daily basis. Prepare a word list and check the meanings and opposites. It is also important to know their usability as to how the words fit into a context. This will help to remember the meanings of the words.
- Quantitative aptitude checks your knowledge in Arithmetic, Simplification and Data Interpretation. One must learn the shortcuts, tricks in solving the problem quickly.
- Practice the BODMAS Rule, approximations, Square & Cubes, Surds & Indices, Decimals and Percentages. Quadratic Equations need a lot of practice. Solve the previous years’ exam papers.
- Averages, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Interest, Ratios, Probability, Permutations and Combinations, Algebra, Time & Work related problems are likely to appear.
- The Reasoning Ability is one section which is challenging and time consuming. However, candidates can solve these questions accurately if they prepare sufficiently. It is better to avoid lengthy and complex questions.
- Puzzle tests, Blood Relations, syllogism, coding-decoding, input-output are the topics which can’t be left. Prepare well with the help of previous years’ question papers.
- Prepare a schedule to cover the syllabus. Online Mock tests, pre-tests, previous year question papers help a lot in improving your speed and accuracy.
- Prepare a word list with the meanings on flash cards to go through as and when you can. Try to include the required formulae and short tricks which are helpful.
- Do not forget that, your incorrect guess work might cost you a 0.25 mark. So, please avoid such type of guess work in the process of answering a question.
Lastly, please rest well so that your next day is a fresh start for a better preparation. Do well, Follow Above Ten ways to crack the SBI PO 2017 Preliminary exam
TopRankers Online Test-Series
- SBI PO Mock Test Series
- SSC CGL Mock Test Series
- SBI Clerk Test Series
- SSC CHSL Test Series
- UP Police SI Test Series
- SSC JE Test Series
- SSC MTS Test Series
- COAL India Test Series