Economics is a branch of study that deals with the allocation of scarce resources, production, and other social welfare issues. If you have taken Commerce as your stream in 11th, then Economics is the mandatory subject.
To help you understand this subject well and score good marks, this post explains detailed tips and tricks. Try to follow these strategies during your preparation for scoring better marks.
Tips to Score Better in Class 11 Economics
You should build up a thorough understanding of economic theories, improvement in the study, and theoretical math to score better in economics. You can stay updated by reading newspapers and magazines like the Financial Times and The Economist to understand the concept of economics.
Before you begin your preparation, make sure to be thorough with the Class 11 Economics Syllabus so that you are aware of important topics. Now, let us understand the tricks for cracking this subject with a high score.
Definitions and Meanings Are Must
- Definitions should be understood clearly with the logic and reason behind the theory. This way you can answer the questions relevantly to score better in economics class 11.
- After understanding the concept, you need to memorize the definitions so that you can write to the point answers to the question asked in the exam.
- Refer to other economics books as references to understand the concept more clearly.
Distinguish Between Questions
- Distinguishing between questions is very helpful as it highlights the necessary points that you need to focus on while forming the definitions and meanings.
- As each chapter contains the various differences between questions, you need to completely focus on them, and when in an exam it should be answered in tabular form.
- Do not forget to mention the basis for differences as it helps to score better in economics class 11. Try to attempt Class 11 Economics Important Questions chapter-wise for better preparation.
Practice Graphs, Tables, and Formulas Hold Extremely Important Position
- In Economics, theories are explained with the help of Tabular and Graphical representation along with the formulas which make you clarify the concepts of economics in an easy manner.
- You should practice graphs on a regular basis so that they can draw correct diagrams of various curves as asked in the questions. Make sure to use a sharpened pencil for this purpose as it helps in neatness.
- Tables are very important and consist of the calculations as well as the usage of formulas according to the findings. You should practice them along with graphs.
- You don’t need to mug up the formulas, instead, should understand how that formula is obtained and what reason it is made for. Once you understand the formulas, make a note of it as a chapter wise formula sheet and go through them regularly.
- Tables, graphs, and formulas make your look more pleasing and hence, give better support to accomplish the answer.
- To score better in economics class 11, focus on practicing graphs and tables.
Get Benefits From The Numericals
- In Economics, numerical are more significant for both Micro as well as Macroeconomics.
- A number of questions are asked in the exam from chapters like National income, the Elasticity of Demand and Supply, Revenues and Costs, etc.
- Aim to understand the logic between numbers in a mathematical problem to make it easier while solving.
- Attending the numerical is beneficial as it is very scoring. So, if the numerical are correctly solved using the correct formula, it gains you full marks in this question section.
- You should practice the numerical on a regular basis to score better in economics class 11.
Make Preferable Notes
- Prepare notes according to the chapters to make your study easy as well as to score better in economics class 11.
- Use highlighters, colored pens, pencils, and sticky notes to highlight important points.
- If they find any difficulty in understanding the concept, they should mark the doubts and clarify them with help of a teacher or any other person whom they think can help.
- While solving questions, if you get stuck at some particular point they should mark those points for later revision. This will help you to be more attentive later on in the exam.
Do Your Revisions
- Assemble all your notes, practice journals, and formula sheets together and start revising. Proper revision section should be done regularly as it is the key to success to score better in economics class 11.
- Assign the unused time between all the chapters and start solving the questions which you found tough to solve while practicing.
- Do not forget to revise the concepts which you found difficult to understand and marked before.
Other Guidelines To Score Better In Economics Class 11
- Make your own question paper covering all the chapters and try to complete it within a time limit. This will help you to increase your writing speed as well as will make you more active.
- Solve as many Class 11 Economics Sample Papers as possible for enhancing preparation levels.
- If you are facing trouble in understanding economics, look for hiring a tutor for extra individual help.
- Form a group of students who prefer economics and share doubts and solutions with them. It will help you to expand your knowledge and provide you with more information.
- Use examples to make the concept understandable. It also helps you to present your thoughts clearly.
- Pay attention in your class, the visual explanation will help you to understand the lesson. If you have any doubt, clear it out then and there.