Summary: Discover essential tips and strategies for acing the NID Entrance Exam 2024. Learn about the exam format, key focus areas, and what to bring for success. Perfect for those aiming to excel in this prestigious design test!
The National Institute of Design conducts a Design Aptitude Test (DAT) every year to provide admission to UG and PG design courses that NIDs offer.
The admission is provided based on your performance in the two stages of the exam, i.e., DAT Prelims and DAT Mains.
Read through the post that will give you a complete insight into what you should remember before appearing for the NID Entrance Exam 2024.
Download Free Study Material for NID 2024 Exam by CreativeEdge
Things to Keep in Mind Before Appearing for NID 2024 Exam
To apply for the NID entrance exam, you must have completed your class 12 or equivalent exam from a recognized board (AISSE/ICSE/CBSE).
- As per the NID Exam Pattern, the National Institute of Design test consists of two sections for 100 marks, i.e., the drawing test and the Aptitude test.
- The drawing test holds 70% weightage, whereas the aptitude test holds 30% weightage. There is no negative marking for any wrong answer.
- In the aptitude test, there will be around 20 to 22 questions that you have to answer, whereas, in the drawing test, there will be 4 to 5 questions that you need to answer.
- A total of 180 minutes, i.e., 3 hours, will be given to you to solve the design aptitude test.
- The aptitude test includes questions from Logical Reasoning, General Knowledge, and English.
- Note that the drawing test holds maximum weightage in the examination, so; you should focus on that part more than the aptitude test.
- Try to finish the aptitude test in 25 to 30 minutes. So that you will have maximum time for the drawing test, which is all about how creative you are
- To solve the aptitude test in 25 minutes, you can follow this trick that in the first 6-7 minutes, you just read all the 20-22 questions of aptitude.
- And if while reading only you get the answer, select the answer immediately or leave it and move forward.
- By following this technique, you can solve your aptitude test in 25 minutes quickly. And you will get 2.5 hours for your drawing test.
- For the drawing test, you should think creatively and make a rough image of the questions in those 20 minutes you have saved in your aptitude test to make a fair image afterward in the remaining 2 hours 10 minutes.
- You will have approximately 18 minutes to solve a ten marks question. So, use that 18 minutes wisely and solve the question.
- It would help if you attempted all the questions given in the examination because there is no negative marking in the test.
- You should carry a valid ID proof along with your NID Admit Card to the exam center. The valid ID proof you can take with you is an Aadhar card, Passport, Voter ID, Pan Card, Student ID card: current school/college, and Driving License.
Click here to enrol: NID Online Coaching Classes 2024 by Creative Edge
- You do not have to carry the question-cum-answer booklet or any part thereof outside the examination hall.
- You should eat, sleep, and rest well before the examination because eating, sleeping, and resting will help you increase your recovery, recall the things you have studied, and keep you fit and fresh during the test to perform the examination calmly.
- You should keep your bag ready with all the necessary things, dress comfortably, and maintain a timeline.
- As per the NID Exam Day Instructions, you should reach the exam center at least one hour before the examination.
- You have proper stationery with you at the exam center. Stationery includes a ballpoint pen (black/blue), HB pencils, Erasers (basic ones/eraser dough), Sharpeners (0.55mm preferable), Dry colors (crayons/pencil colors, any brand would do but students usually prefer Staedtlers of ‘Luna’ brand), and Rulers.
- These are all items you should carry with you, along with your admit card and original ID proof at the exam center.
- The things which you should not carry with you in the examination hall are – Mobile phones, digital/ smartwatches, any bag/ handbag, papers, notes, books, calculator, marker, white fluid, wet colors ( brush pens, watercolors, oil colors, acrylic colors), any food or snacks, charcoal pencils, etc.
Check: CAT Exam Documents: What to Carry on Test Day?
Read More: Time Management Tips for NID 2024
In conclusion, the NID Entrance Exam 2024 presents a unique challenge for aspiring designers, blending creativity with analytical skills. By understanding the structure of the DAT, focusing on the heavily weighted drawing test, and mastering time management, candidates can significantly enhance their chances of success.
Remember to equip yourself with the right materials, follow the detailed guidelines provided, and maintain a calm and focused mindset on exam day. With thorough preparation and a strategic approach, you can turn your dream of studying at NID into a reality. Good luck!
Prepare with: NID Mock Test Series 2024 by Creative Edge