People, non-governmental organizations and governments unite on World No Tobacco Day to draw attention to the health problems that tobacco use can cause. It is held on May 31 each year.
• Hand saying no thanks to a packages of cigarettes offered
• World No Tobacco Day focuses on informing people about health problems associated with tobacco use.
• World No Tobacco Day is a day for people, non-governmental organizations and governments organize various activities to make people aware of the health problems that tobacco use can cause. These activities include:
• Public marches and demonstrations, often with vivid banners.
• Advertising campaigns and educational programs.
• People going into public places to encourage people to stop smoking.
• The introduction of bans on smoking in particular places or types of advertising.
• Meetings for anti-tobacco campaigners.
• Moreover, laws restricting smoking in particular areas may come into effect and wide reaching health campaigns may be launched.