Global organization EY on 10 May 2016 released the Renewable energy country attractiveness index 2016.
The report reveals 40 countries on the attractiveness of their renewable energy investment and deployment opportunities based on a number of indicators.
• The emerging markets now represent half of the countries in the 40-strong index, including four African markets featuring in the top 30.
• Index was topped by the United States (US) and was followed by China at 2nd position and India at 3rd position.
• Countries like Chile at 4th position, Brazil at 6th position and Mexico at 7th position climbed higher in the index top 10.
• While Germany and France fell in the ranking to 5th and 8th position respectively.
• Argentina was the highest-scoring new entrant in the index. The transformation of the country’s economy brought it into the index in 18th position.
• The Renewable energy country attractiveness index (RECAI) ranks 40 markets on the attractiveness of their renewable energy investment and deployment opportunities.
• The ranking is given based on a number of macro, energy market and technology-specific indicators.