India on 27th May successfully test fired the over 290-km range BrahMos land-attack supersonic cruise missile.
• The system was put to check by the Indian Air Force, which has acquired a squadron of it consisting of over 50 missiles, at about 1200 hours in the Pokharan firing range.
• The unique BrahMos weapon system on numerous occasions has established its supremacy in the world of supersonic cruise missile.
• The flight conducted has met its mission parameters in a copybook manner.
• The missile met all flight parameters the formidable weapon successfully hit and annihilated the designated target.
• Present DRDO chief is S Christopher.
• The accuracy was recently re-established in a campaign conducted by the Indian Army in the eastern sector last year.
• This formidable missile system has empowered all three wings of the armed forces with impeccable anti-ship and land attack capability.