Reader's Digest: If you are interested in applying for the Uttar Pradesh Civil Judge Exam, you must satisfy all the criteria set by the UP Public Service Commission. The eligibility criteria are categorized into different parameters such as age limit, educational qualification, nationality, character, etc.
The online application form will be processed only if you satisfy the criteria set by the exam conducting body. If you fail to meet the requirements, your candidature will be cancelled.
To avoid such cancellations, read through the post that will give you a complete insight into UP PCS J eligibility criteria 2023, minimum marks required to be eligible for the next exam stage, and more.
UP Civil Judge Age Limit 2023
You can fill out the online Application Form for UP Judiciary only if you satisfy the age limit prescribed by the exam conducting body.
- At the time of submission of the online application form, your minimum age should be 22 years.
- Also, your maximum age should not exceed 35 years to apply for the exam.
- However, the age relaxation applies for certain categories.
Download Free Study Material for UP Judiciary Exams by Judiciary Gold
UP PCS J Exam 2023 Eligibility - Age Relaxation
Check out the table below to know the upper age limit as per your category.
|State Govt. Employees
UP PCS J Exam Eligibility 2023 - Educational Qualification
- Bachelors of Law: To be eligible for the UP Judiciary Exam 2023, you must have completed a Bachelor of Law from a University established by Law in UP or from any other University of India recognized for this purpose by the Governor. (or) According to the UP Civil Judge Eligibility, you must be an Advocate enrolled under the Advocate Act 1961, a Barrister of England or Northern Ireland, or a Member Faculty of Advocates in Scotland and is entitled to practice in the Court or Courts subordinate thereto.
- Knowledge of Language: Also, you must have a thorough knowledge of Hindi in Devnagri Script to apply for the UP Judicial Services Recruitment.
- Other conditions: Emergency Commissioned/ Short Service Commissioned Officers who have not been released from the Army but whose period of Army Service has been extended for rehabilitation may also apply for the exam.
However, you have to submit a certificate from the competent authority of the Army, Navy, Air Force to the effect that your period of service has been extended for rehabilitation and no disciplinary action is pending against you.
Score better with Simple tricks for UP Judiciary Prelims Exam
UP Civil Judge Exam Eligibility 2023 - Nationality
As per the UP PCS J Exam Eligibility, you must be a citizen of India to apply for the Uttar Pradesh Judicial Services Examination.
Otherwise, you are not eligible to fill out the online application form.
UP PCSJ Eligibility 2023 - General Requirements
- Character certificate: It would help if you had a good character that is suitable in the opinion of the Governor in all respects for employment in the service.
- Bar Council of India permits: You are not eligible to apply for the exam if you are dismissed from the service by the Union Government or a State Government or debarred from practise as an Advocate by the Bar Council of India or a State.
UP Judicial Services Exam Marital Status 2023
- More than one marriage: As per the notification, if you are a male and have more than one wife living (or) a female who has married a man already has a wife living, you shall not be eligible to apply for the exam.
UP PCS J Exam Eligibility: Physical Fitness 2023
- Mental Health: You must have good mental and bodily health and be free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of your duties to get appointed for the civil judge post.
- Medical examination: You should pass an examination by a Medical Board before being approved for an appointment.
Read more to learn more about Short tricks to enhance your GK preparation for the UP PCS J exam
Minimum Qualifying Marks for Uttar Pradesh Judiciary Exam 2023
- Marks for general category: If you belong to the general category, you must score 40% marks in the prelims exam to get shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process.
- Marks for other categories: For the reserved category, the minimum percentage required is 35%.
Documents Required to Support UP Judiciary Exam Eligibility 2023
You must upload the following documents supporting eligibility while filling out the application form for the UP Judiciary Exam.
- Self-attested copies of mark sheets, degree certificate, along with the application form of the main examination in support of their claims of Educational Qualifications.
- Category certificate (for the unreserved category)
- The Ex-Army personnels must be discharged fromArmy up to the last date prescribed for receipt of applications.
- PwD category certificate (if any)