Updated On : December 13, 2022
"Order, order! Thereby, I announce my final judgment in this case." These might be your dream words if you are pursuing the Rajasthan Civil Judge exam.
We also want you to clear Rajasthan Judiciary Exam 2023 as soon as possible.
Whether a noob or an expert, these CrPC questions are a marks booster for the RJS exam.
Get, set, go, and be ready! Go through this blog post to understand the crucial topics for the Rajasthan Judicial Services Exam.
The total marks for RJS Prelims are 100. Experts suggest that out of these 100 marks, almost 10-12 marks are allotted to the Code of Criminal Procedure.
So, don't be shocked if you find 12-15 questions around the CrPC in the Rajasthan Judiciary exam. We encourage you to leverage this weightage to your benefit of becoming a Civil Judge.
Download FREE Study Material for Rajasthan Judiciary Exam by Judiciary Gold
The most critical questions in the Code of Criminal Procedure for Rajasthan Judiciary Preparation are mentioned below.
Question 1) Order made under section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973, shall not remain in force for more than from the making thereof.
(1) two months
(2) three months
(3) six months
(4) one month
Question 2) Under the provision of section 105-A of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973,
(1) Establishment of proof that the accused is related to the commission of an 'Identifying' includes:
(2) Establishment of proof that the property was derived from the commission of an offence.
(3) Test Identification parade of accused and property.
(4) None of the above option
Question 3) Evidence in the proceedings of 125 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 shall be recorded in the manner:
(1) prescribed for summons cases.
(2) prescribed for warrant cases.
(3) as prescribed by the court at its discretion.
(4) prescribed for summary trials.
Question 4) Under the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973, security for good behaviour from the persons disseminating seditious matters can be demanded by:
(1) Magistrate of the First Class
(2) Chief Judicial Magistrate
(3) Sessions Judge
(4) Executive Magistrate
Question 5) Which of the following statements, in respect of section 320 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973, is incorrect?
(1) The composition of an offence before charge shall have the effect of discharge of the accused.
(2) No offence shall be compounded if the accused is liable to enhanced punishment because of a previous conviction.
(3) When an appeal is pending, no composition for the offence shall be allowed without the appellate court's leave.
(4) The person competent to compound an offence is dead, the legal representative of such person may, with the court's consent, compound such offence.
Question 6) Which provision of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 deals with identifying the person arrested?
(1) Section 53-A
(2) Section 54
(3) Section 54-A
(4) Section 55-A
Question 7) Under section 41 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973, whom among the following Police cannot arrest without a warrant?
(1) Who commits, in the presence of a police officer, a non-cognizable offence
(2) Who commits, in the presence of a police officer, a cognizable offence
(3)Who commits, in the presence of a Magistrate, a non-cognizable offence
(4) None of the above options
Question 8) The judgement passed by the Hon'ble Supreme Court in Hardeep Singh Vs. State of Punjab (2014) 3 SCC 92 deals with :
(1) Section 311 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
(2) Section 41 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
(3) Section 313 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
(4) Section 319 of the Code of Criminal Procedure. 1973
Question 9) Which provision of Cr.P.C. protects against double jeopardy?
(1) Section 305
(2) Section 300
(3) Section 188
(4) Section 203
Question 10) Under which provision of law can a court direct any person to write any words or figures for comparison of handwriting?
(1) Section 91 of Cr.P.C
(2) Section 54-A of Cr.P.C.
(3) Section 73 of the Indian Evidence Act
(4) Section 311 of Cr.P.C.
Download the Free Answer PDF of the Most Important CrPC Questions
Question 11) Which provision of Cr.P.C. empowers a criminal court to recall and re-examine witnesses in a criminal case?
(1) Section 217
(2) Section 311
(3) Both (1) & (2)
(4) None of above
Question 12) A trial court in the State of Rajasthan delivers its judgment in English. Under which provision of law can the accused seek a translated copy of the judgment in the Hindi language?
(1) Section 353 of Cr.P.C.
(2) Section 362 of Cr.P.C.
(3) Section 364 of Cr.P.C.
(4) Section 363 of Cr.P.C.
Question 13) Which of the following irregularities vitiate the proceedings? If any Magistrate is not empowered by law on this behalf, do any of the following things?
(1) Makes an order under Section 133 of Cr.P.C. as to a local nuisance.
(2) Make an order under Part C or Part D of Chapter X of Cr.P.C.
(3) Holds an inquest under Section 176 of Cr.P.C.
(4) Makes an order for maintenance.
Question 14) The trial court while recording evidence in a case wherein the accused is in custody. Records the evidence of witnesses without ensuring the accused's presence in the court; which of the following statements would be correct?
(1) The judgment passed by the trial court in such proceedings would be vitiated by Section 273 (1) of Cr.P.C.
(2) The judgment passed by the trial court in such proceedings would be saved by Section 460 of Cr.P.C.
(3). The judgment passed by the trial court in such proceedings would be saved under Section 465 of Cr.P.C.
(4) The judgment passed by the trial court in such proceedings would be saved under Section 317 of Cr.P.C.
Question 15) Under which provision is the Court acquitting the accused required to take a bond from them for appearance in the higher court?
(1) Section 439 Cr.P.C.
(2) Section 436-A Cr.P.C.
(3) Section 436 Cr.P.C.
(4) Section 437 A Cr.P.C.
Question 16) Which of the following documents cannot be admitted in evidence in a criminal trial without formal proof?
(1) Certified copies of public documents.
(2) Report issued by a govt. Scientist after chemical/serological examination of samples forwarded to him by the investigating agency.
(3) A report issued by a govt. Handwriting expert after comparison of the disputed signatures with an admitted signature.
(4) A document that the opposite party admits.
Question 17) Under which provision of Cr.P.C. can a party approach an Executive Magistrate and pray for the dropping of the proceedings initiated under Section 145 of Cr. P.C?
(1) Section 145 (2)
(2) Section 146(1)
(3) Section 148
(4) Section 145 (5)
Question 18) Under which provision of law can the court award compensation to a person groundlessly arrested?
(1) Section 349 of Cr.P.C.
(2) Section 357 of Cr.P.C.
(3) Section 358 of Cr.P.C.
(4) None of the above.
Question 19) Under Section 428 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, which of the following period of detention undergone by the accused shall be set off against the sentence of imprisonment in a case :
(1) Period of detention undergone in default of payment of the fine.
(2) Period of detention during that case's investigation and trial.
(3) Period of detention during investigation and trial of a similar case.
(4) All of the above.
Question 20) On a declaration of forfeiture of a book by the State Government under Section 95 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, the application to set aside lies in the:
(1) District Magistrate,
(2) Chief Judicial Magistrate.
(3) District & Sessions Judge.
(4) High Court.
Question 21) The trial relates to an offence under section 376 IPC shall, as far as possible, be completed within a period of
(a) Two months from the date of filing of the charge sheet.
(b) Six months from the date of filing of the charge sheet.
(c) One year from the date of filing of the charge sheet.
(d) None of these.
Question 22) No person shall be appointed as a public prosecutor for the district unless his name appears in the panel of names prepared by
(a) Sessions Judge
(b) High Court
(c) District Magistrate
(d) Superintendent of Police
Question 23) The main characteristic of the Code of Criminal Procedure is
(a) Empowerment of an executive magistrate with "judicial" power
(b) Separation of the legislature from the executive
(c) Separation of the executive from the Judiciary
(d) Separation of revenue work from executive
Question 24) Classes of Criminal Courts are Section
(a) Session court
(b) Executive Magistrate
(c) Judicial magistrate
(d) All of these
Question 25) Population for metropolitan areas should be more than
(a) One million
(b) Two million
(c) 10 Lakhs
(d) 0.2 million
Question 26) Which section defines a Special Judicial Magistrate?
(a) Section 12
(b) Section 13
(c) Section 14
(d) Section 15
Question 27) Which of the following sentences may be passed by a second-class state?
(a) Imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years
(b) Imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year
(c) Imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months
Question 28) Which of the following statements is wrong? If a person forcibly resists Endeavour to arrest the police officer, may......?
(a) Use all the means necessary to effect the arrest
(b) Cause the death of such a person irrespective of the offence he has committed
(c) Caused the death of such a person accused of murder
(d) Cause the death of such a person accused of culpable homicide not amounting to murder
Question 29) If a person in lawful custody escapes, a person from whose custody he ran may immediately pursue and arrest him.
(a) Within the local limits of the police station concerned
(b) Within the local limits of the district
(c) Within local limits of the State
(d) In any place in India.
Also Read: Upcoming Judiciary Exams 2022
Question 30) Point out the incorrect statement.
(a) In a cognizable offence, any police officer may arrest any person without any order from a Magistrate and a warrant.
(b) A private person may arrest or cause to be controlled any person committing a cognizable offence.
(c) An Executive magistrate may arrest an offender when any offence is committed in his presence and within his jurisdiction.
(d) None of the above is correct.
The Code of Criminal Procedure is one of the essential topics of Law Paper 1 of the RJS Mains exam. The toppers of the Rajasthan Civil Judge exam 2022 suggest that CrPC is a high-scoring topic that can either land you across the shore or drown you. Save these CRPC questions for the Rajasthan judiciary.
Read the following questions carefully to ace your preparation for Rajasthan Judiciary.
Question 1) During the investigation of a rape case, the statement of a person is recorded under section 164 Cr.P.C. in the court by a Magistrate "M." During the trial, the prosecution produces "M" as a prosecution witness before the special court and asks him to disclose the procedure of recording of such statement. Whether "M" can be compelled to reveal the above scenario? Explain in light of relevant provisions of law.
Question 2) Which of the following statements is not correct :
(1) In a criminal act done by several persons in furtherance of the common intention of all, they will be held liable for that act.
(2) In an act done by several persons, it is criminal only because it is done with forbidden knowledge or intention. All persons joining the act, irrespective of such knowledge or intention will be held liable for that act.
(3) In an offence done by means of several acts, all the persons intentionally cooperating in that act by doing any of those acts will be held liable for that offence.
(4) In a criminal act by several persons, all may be held liable for different offences.
Question 3) Explain the ingredients of the offence of "Criminal Misappropriation of Property" and distinguish it from "Criminal Breach of Trust".
Question 4) Discuss the ambit of the inquiry under Section 202 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973.
Question 5) Discuss the provisions of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973, about the grant of compensation to the persons groundlessly arrested.
Question 6) Who is competent to determine the language of each Court within the State other than the High Court for the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973?
Question 7) Mention the general provisions prescribed under General Rules (Criminal), 1980, about the daily cause list of a Court.
Question 8) As per General Rules (Criminal), 1980, in which circumstances a police officer is required to present before the Court in uniform?